cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Weird noise! I know. I know but need help!

WaMike
Explorer
Explorer
Hello All,

I know you probably heard this a ton but I need some assistance with this strange noise. I have a 2019 Coachman Freelander 28bh and it is making a strange noise. It starts after 10mph and continues but the wind noise drowns it out on the freeway. At 10mph it starts slow then speeds up at 20mph and keeps same rhythm. The noise itself sounds like a hand crank wind up radio and is coming from between the fridge and oven. Infront of the rear passenger wheel well.any help is appreciated! Thank you.

WaMike
16 REPLIES 16

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
I had an rv with a noise that drove me nuts and I chased it on and off for a couple years. Almost sounded like sheetmetal sorta rattling against something. It would come and go but when it was there it would start at a slow speed like maybe 35mph to about 60ish and then quit. Finally found out that the problem was related to the galley sink trap that would sometimes run dry and with the air blowing across the sewer vent on the roof it would make this noise sorta like if you blew across the top of an empty soda bottle. The solution was to always keep the sink drain plugged with the stopper.

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Look at steering axle tires for divots and flat spots on outside and inside edge, perhaps.

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like metal on metal! Just to clarify, when you said it "it keeps same rhythm", do you mean in sync with speed or same rhythm regardless of speed?
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
sounds like the wind spinning up a fan that is not powered up like the stove hood fan or a fan behind the refrigerator

WaMike
Explorer
Explorer
I did check to see if my hubcaps were loose but didn't think about the hubcaps rubbing! That would make sense. At low speed and when slowing down below 10mph the noise is at a slower pace then speeds up and stays constant till about 35-40mph and stops. Will give that a try. Thank you all!

30sweeds
Explorer
Explorer
Is the noise wheel speed? Do you happen to have hub caps that might touch the tires?If so.spray some WD around the cap on that side.

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
Looking at the floorplan, that's right around the right rear tire. I can hear the pitch change with your speed. Sounds like something rubbing on a tire.
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

WaMike
Explorer
Explorer
Quick update. Checked all the exterior vents and nothing seemed loose. Checked for air holes inside and same. Noise is persistent and it is driving me crazy! I was able to record the sound. Please take a listen. The speed was pretty much from zero to 40 where the noise goes away sparatically.

https://youtu.be/atEeqGL8Poo

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had a strange noise when parked a few weeks ago. It was coming from the outside of the fridge compartment. Sounded like the cooling fan was hitting something. Got out the ladder and removed the the top panel to see some no longer sticky duct tape flapping in the breeze from the cooling fan.
Hope your fix is as easy as mine was.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

riggsp
Explorer
Explorer
Check for a loose hub cap on the rear wheel...

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Drive very slowly with someone walking along side. Is it a click, click, click sound that speeds up as you step on the gas ? Could be a bearing going bad.

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Engine cooling fan, clutch may be locked up
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

WaMike
Explorer
Explorer
Wow you guys are detectives! That gives me a great direction to move towards. Car noises scan be very cryptic and that was my best guess on noise. Check out the video at 5:00. https://youtu.be/KEuRPZqOdC0

I will start poking around when I can get to my rv. Thank you all!

MrWizard
"wine DING" sound ?
Like one of those emergency survival radios make
When you crank the handle to charge it up,
Same thing for those little emg flashlights

That's wind noise, you have an air leak around the fridge between the inside and outside
You might want to remove the roof vent cap and look for some thing that is deflecting air down into that area
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s