cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xantrex Freedom X 1200 inverter.

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad

I am thinking about buying a used 5th wheel that comes with a factory installed Xantrex Freedom X 1200 inverter. From what I understand this inverter has a built-in automatic transfer switch.

1. Am I correct?

2. None of the outlets are labeled “inverter”. Does this mean all the 110 volt A/C outlets are connected to the inverter?

3. If I want to have more AC wattage, can I add another inverter in parallel with the existing inverter? Or should I scrap the existing inverter and purchase one with the larger wattage?

Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
2 REPLIES 2

Community Alumni
Not applicable

I wouldnt put them in parallel at all unless I could put the outputs on their own leg at the fuse box, but that would mean a diferent box for one also.  Best bet is just finding someone who would want to take that off your hands for a reasonable fee and put it towards the size you want.

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator

I would test the outlets at the dealer. Let them show you how it works.

I have a small outlet tester that I can use to test outlets for power or incorrect wiring.

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29