Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Yet another water pump issue.

RTBill
Explorer
Explorer
2016 Bounder 33c.
Shurflo 4008-101-F65 water pump. Kantleak valve system.

Vehicle was winterized last fall by dealer, while trying to de-winterize for the season, the water wonโ€™t flow from the tank to the faucets. The Kantleak valve allowed the tank to fill and allows for a city connection to flow into the coach but when the pump is on, no water will flow into any of the coach faucets. It has the feel that the pump is just not pulling on the water in the tank at all. Kantleak valve in the โ€œnormalโ€ position and no water or even air coming from the faucets.
1. water heater drain plug back in place and bypass valve in normal position.
2. fuse box readout says 10amp fuse is good / replaced it anyway
3. water pump strainer checked and clear.
4. all plumbing connections seem tight.
5. when running with city connection no leaks anywhere.

Leaving from Michigan to Florida in 3 weeks and hope it donโ€™t have to go back
to the dealer as they take forever to fix anything. Thanks so much for any thoughts or advice anyone can offer
11 REPLIES 11

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
Have you checked the winterizing valve? It may still be in the winterizing position, and cannot draw water from your tank.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

RTBill
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the reply, the water pump is behind a panel in an outside bay.
I can see it from a weird angle and have physically disconnected and reconnected the input and output water lines. By my estimation there is four mounting screws, 2 water connections and two electrical connections to deal with and the pump will be out. Maybe that's something to consider if I can reach the mounting screws. Was really hoping it was just one of those little "oh what the heck moments" but I have covered all the basics and nothing has worked so far. Thanks again for the reply... appreciate all the help

marcsbigfoot20b
Explorer
Explorer
I just had this problem in mexico a few weeks ago.
City water worked fine, all 5 days......unhook and pump runs but no flow.

Turns out the one way spring loaded check valve in the pump was pressed in so hard by the city water pressure that it was stuck, I had to pull it out with pliers.......oring was kinda smashed.

Put it back together and no problem.

Worst part was removing the pump to access the bottom diaphragm area.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
if theres a little strainer on there by the pump? mine had a crack in the strainer bowl ,let the pump suck air.

RTBill
Explorer
Explorer
thanks, will try that

fischer
Explorer
Explorer
1put city input back on 2 get all the air out of the lines 3 turn off city and open a fauct 4 pump should turn on and get water from tank
2016 Winnebago 35B v10
2006 Jeep Liberty 4x4
Blue ox Tow Bar

RTBill
Explorer
Explorer
I have tried toggling back and forth on the kantleak valve input knob. It allows the tank to fill in โ€œtank โ€œ position, it allows a direct connection to the coach in โ€œcityโ€ position, but the pump wonโ€™t move water to the inside of the coach in its โ€œnormalโ€ position. The pump runs and runs but doesnโ€™t build pressure. Bought it brand new almost four years ago, never had a problem till now. Thanks for the replies, open to all ideas ... canโ€™t figure this out

fischer
Explorer
Explorer
1 put city back 2 if you have water to coach input is in correct portion 3 if no water the input is in wrong position the pump won't work if input is left in fill pos
2016 Winnebago 35B v10
2006 Jeep Liberty 4x4
Blue ox Tow Bar

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
No leaks on high pressure side, so that is good. With power to pump slacken fitting on output side of pump. Nothing or little? The pump is drawing air, most likely from the fitting on input side of pump. If pump pressure is good, check the city/tank valve again.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

RTBill
Explorer
Explorer
Yes the pump runs, but doesnโ€™t seem to ramp up. I didnโ€™t put the antifreeze in the dealer did last November

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Does the pump run? Did you check the hose the you pump the antifreeze with?