cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2024 Super Duty Order Banks

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered a 2023 F450 back in March. The order banks had closed two days before my order but the dealer changed one of his existing orders for my truck. Didn't matter. The truck still hasn't been made and I seriously doubt it will be.

I've been watching the Ford Truck forums and it appears the 2024 order banks will open July 17. The order guides will open July 10.

This is all second hand information but several people in that forum stated their dealers told them the same information.

Just thought I'd share this. I plan to be at my dealership the morning of the 17th. Production for the 2024 models is supposedly starting in October.
21 REPLIES 21

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
Well today brought good news for many people on the Ford Trucks forums, including me. Lot's of "scheduled production date" emails went out.

My email stated the truck was scheduled for production the week of October 9. It also included the VIN.

Samsonsworld
Explorer
Explorer
IDK but we just bid 3 fleet vehicles at work and nobody has replied. Same thing happended last year because nobody could guarantee a build and delivery within 365 days. I think dealer stock is probably your best bet.

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
JohnJM wrote:
thanks fo the info.

I ended up buying a 2023 yestrday. Someone ordered it, didnt want it. Very strang e in that its exactly what I would have ordered. I couldnt pass it up.

Wow. That's amazing to hear.

Mine is ordered. Did everything Monday morning at my dealer and shortly after 8:00 pm, got my email from Ford with my confirmation.

Now it's just "hurry up and wait".

JohnJM
Explorer
Explorer
thanks fo the info.

I ended up buying a 2023 yestrday. Someone ordered it, didnt want it. Very strang e in that its exactly what I would have ordered. I couldnt pass it up.
John M

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
2023 Build Sheets

I only have the 2023 build sheets. But it's based on what I ordered back in March and even if some things change, I have a really good outline of what I want. I'm hoping the dealer has the 2024 build sheets tomorrow and we can compare.

I'm ordering the 450 Lariat. So I only have the choice of the 4.30 rear end.

If I can't get a 450, I'll return and order a 350 DRW exactly like my 450 but with a 3.55 Limited Slip.

JohnJM
Explorer
Explorer
lawnspecialties wrote:
I have an appointment with my dealership at 8:30 Monday morning when they open their doors. I already have my 2023 build sheet and I've gone over it so many times, I could do it off the top of my head if I had to, or if the Order Guide has any changes for 2024.

I'm going for a Lariat F450. I had another dealer tell me they'd drop $1000 off MSRP if I'd go with them. Told my present dealer and they had no problem matching that. Plus, if any First Responder Discounts are still in effect, I get that, too.

I'm hoping this truck being ordered first thing Monday may get me toward the front of the line in October. Only time will tell.

If it doesn't get built, you'll probably find me on the GM Duramax or the Ram forums.

Where did you gt build sheets? When I mentioned them to my dealer theey said go to build a truck online. LAst timee i ordered a truck I had lots of inf build sheet etc.......this time I hve a queasy feeling fr lack of info.

one of y questoins is whicih rear end ar you going with? what d you tow?
John M

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
I have an appointment with my dealership at 8:30 Monday morning when they open their doors. I already have my 2023 build sheet and I've gone over it so many times, I could do it off the top of my head if I had to, or if the Order Guide has any changes for 2024.

I'm going for a Lariat F450. I had another dealer tell me they'd drop $1000 off MSRP if I'd go with them. Told my present dealer and they had no problem matching that. Plus, if any First Responder Discounts are still in effect, I get that, too.

I'm hoping this truck being ordered first thing Monday may get me toward the front of the line in October. Only time will tell.

If it doesn't get built, you'll probably find me on the GM Duramax or the Ram forums.

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good luck to all on getting what you order. Saw Granger Ford put out that allocations have been cut and upper trim levels will be in short supply, and 450's will be like winning the lotto to get. Along with the debacle Ford has going with their supply chain, who knows when someone will see their order or if they will.
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4

JohnJM
Explorer
Explorer
I was at my Ford daler yesterday. They told me the order window open on July 17 (monday). Loks like Im going to hav to ordr what I want. Ill open anothr thread about that.

Last truck I ordered was in a 2004 350 Question I have here is if I order a truck is there any wiggle room on price? or am I looked into MSRP? IF I found one on the lot, what are prices compared to MSRP?
John M

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
Well. All day in anticipation for the Order Guides to be ready for me to build my next truck. Tonight I visit Ford.com and try to "Build Your Super Duty". Still says 2023. ๐Ÿ˜ž

As far as I can tell, the Order Banks are still scheduled for next Monday, the 17th. But for now, who knows what we can or can not build?

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
StonedPanther wrote:
B- This Fish dude is afflicted with a terminal case of Bullshitosis. This would be my guess as its probably a condition directly connected and caused by his case of Fordbranditis as evidenced by his signature.

Correct. A lot of wasted bandwidth by that guy...
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
Well heck, MIL aka Boss aka Owner just wants a new truck. Smart to not bite the hand....

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
StonedPanther wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

For our farm/ranch business we always purchase used trucks, but this particular truck is for the company CEO if you know what I mean. LOL Her previous truck was a 2017 F350 6.2 and sold it earlier this year with ~15k miles. At her age this will unfortunately be her last truck. Having said that the money we spend on trucks is chump change compared to what we invest in equipment. John Deere should know us by our first name after purchasing our third cotton picker with a baler feature.

Why did you sell a "used truck" that you already took the depreciation hit on, which was low mileage and you knew the history of, when you always buy used trucks for the farm/ranch business? Why didn't you just delegate the 2017 over to the business?

All our work trucks are diesels and are pretty rough looking with one of them that essentially barely has a dashboard. It served as a partial trade for a 2018 Ram 3500 DRW Low Output 68RFE
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

StonedPanther
Explorer III
Explorer III
FishOnOne wrote:

For our farm/ranch business we always purchase used trucks, but this particular truck is for the company CEO if you know what I mean. LOL Her previous truck was a 2017 F350 6.2 and sold it earlier this year with ~15k miles. At her age this will unfortunately be her last truck. Having said that the money we spend on trucks is chump change compared to what we invest in equipment. John Deere should know us by our first name after purchasing our third cotton picker with a baler feature.

Why did you sell a "used truck" that you already took the depreciation hit on, which was low mileage and you knew the history of, when you always buy used trucks for the farm/ranch business? Why didn't you just delegate the 2017 over to the business?