Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One gas tank for fuel station and an onan generator

hbizzle27773
Explorer
Explorer
Hello to everyone,
So I have had this 2004 forest river sand piper toy hauler for several years now and I use it quite a bit but since I've been able to use shore power for almost the entire time with it, I never needed to use the generator, or really the fuel station, however that's about to change. Since it's been so long my mory of the procedures it this specific situation aren't great and I've had a hard time getting any good information so I'm really here to begin by trying to fully answer the fundamental process at hand so that my efforts can be honed. First of all, I need to verify that the generator in the front is supposed to get its fuel from the one tank between the two in the back with the fueling station. But what I really need to know is whether or not the pump that's responsible for outputting gas to say an
Atv, is also the method by which has gets put to the generator? In other words does onan Genny get its fuel from the only pump in aware of, the transfer station pump? Because I've found .so I'm currently repairing the pump, but actually as im writing this i just realized an obvious solution, if i cant get the generator gas from the fuel station tank, is there any way o could bypass thae tank, interrupt a fuel line for example and feed it directly?
3 REPLIES 3

GottaRunGottaCa
Explorer
Explorer
Nv Guy wrote:
From what I remember with the Forest River products is they had one tank that was for both the genset and fuel station. One pump- a large one supplied the fuel for the ATVs or whatever vehicle you were refueling. The genset had its own fuel pump that pulled fuel from the tank.

My 2008 Raptor was the same way, two pumps
2016 F350
2019 Heartland Torque TQ-371

SAR_Tracker
Explorer
Explorer
Nv Guy wrote:
....one tank that was for both the genset and fuel station. One pump- a large one supplied the fuel for the ATVs or whatever vehicle you were refueling. The genset had its own fuel pump that pulled fuel from the tank.

Weekend Warrior (see signature) is the same.
Rusty & Cheryl
2011 F250 2WD 6.2L Gasser
2008 Weekend Warrior FB2100
"Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education" - Victor Hugo (1802-1885)

Nv_Guy
Explorer III
Explorer III
From what I remember with the Forest River products is they had one tank that was for both the genset and fuel station. One pump- a large one supplied the fuel for the ATVs or whatever vehicle you were refueling. The genset had its own fuel pump that pulled fuel from the tank.