cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1100-RX Illusion Travel Lite

TTBeachBum
Explorer
Explorer
Your thoughts? Dry weight is 2820; factory dry certification of truck is 2920; Your thoughts on tires? Your input is appreciated.
22 REPLIES 22

turboo
Explorer
Explorer
TTBeachBum wrote:
turboo wrote:
my truck weight w/ready camper 11680lbs, front end only 4200lbs
wet weight?

pretty much

TTBeachBum
Explorer
Explorer
turboo wrote:
wet weight?

turboo
Explorer
Explorer

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
TTBeachBum wrote:
tad94564 wrote:
turboo wrote:
06Fargo wrote:
I am often hauling at max weight for Rge E tires - no like - changed to 19.5 Rickson's/tires to have reserve tire capacity. Very nice increase in stability, not so much need to air up air down, heavier the load the better the truck handles, wear indicates they are going to last a long time. Great on snow, ice, and gravel too. We stay out of soft sand.

Main disadvantages: cost (but ok vs changing trucks), sidewalls are strong = stiff - truck rides like E's with 75psi & tires follow parallel cracks and ruts in pavement so the truck "ducks around" more than before. Tire/wheel combi is heavier than stock so fuel economy suffers a bit, especially in stop 'n go.

Effective gear ratio went up just over 5% due to increased diameter - this was an advantage on our truck.

everything like you said :C

except I don't a have darty duck feeling

Try grooved pavement someday.

You'll know the feeling then..

darty ducky on grooved payment??

I would say our Goodyears are not too bad on grooved pavement but you feel it a bit. It is more prevalent on worn pavement that has wagon tracks in the lanes, and long cracks/repairs that are parallel to your line of travel, like our local highway that is 10 years overdue for resurfacing. Run off that (on a no side wind day) on to the new pavement and it's hands off the wheel straight line down the road.

RE: dry weights - our camper placard states the dry weight at factory is +/- 2600lbs. It weighs near 4000lbs fueled, watered, stocked - ready to go...

I wouldn't consider 19.5's and the loaded weight of our rig to be the best option in dry sand -

rickeoni
Explorer
Explorer
Have you seen one in real life? The wet bath looks like a great compromise between the wet and dry argument.
2008 F450
2007 Adventurer 85WS
2012 Haulmark "The Garage"
2016 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak 26 RKS

TTBeachBum
Explorer
Explorer
tad94564 wrote:
turboo wrote:
06Fargo wrote:
I am often hauling at max weight for Rge E tires - no like - changed to 19.5 Rickson's/tires to have reserve tire capacity. Very nice increase in stability, not so much need to air up air down, heavier the load the better the truck handles, wear indicates they are going to last a long time. Great on snow, ice, and gravel too. We stay out of soft sand.

Main disadvantages: cost (but ok vs changing trucks), sidewalls are strong = stiff - truck rides like E's with 75psi & tires follow parallel cracks and ruts in pavement so the truck "ducks around" more than before. Tire/wheel combi is heavier than stock so fuel economy suffers a bit, especially in stop 'n go.

Effective gear ratio went up just over 5% due to increased diameter - this was an advantage on our truck.

darty ducky on grooved payment??

TTBeachBum
Explorer
Explorer
06Fargo wrote:
TTBeachBum wrote:
Thanks for those comments, you answered my next question about the ride. What tires did you upgrade from? Did the upgrade compromise the integrity of the truck?

Summer: BFG Rugged Trail T/A somethin or other x 17 Load Range E

Winter: Kal Tire Winter Claw somethin or other x 17 Load Range E

To: Goodyear G622 RSD, 245/70R19.5 Load Range G no second set needed these tires perform very well in snow and ice.

Chose Rickson 19.5 wheels with OEM Dodge factory offset specs vs Vision wheels which have more than standard OEM offset (i.e. they stick out farther).

thanks!

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
TTBeachBum wrote:
Thanks for those comments, you answered my next question about the ride. What tires did you upgrade from? Did the upgrade compromise the integrity of the truck?

Summer: BFG Rugged Trail T/A somethin or other x 17 Load Range E

Winter: Kal Tire Winter Claw somethin or other x 17 Load Range E

To: Goodyear G622 RSD, 245/70R19.5 Load Range G no second set needed these tires perform very well in snow and ice.

Chose Rickson 19.5 wheels with OEM Dodge factory offset specs vs Vision wheels which have more than standard OEM offset (i.e. they stick out farther).

tad94564
Explorer
Explorer
turboo wrote:
06Fargo wrote:

TTBeachBum
Explorer
Explorer

TTBeachBum
Explorer
Explorer

turboo
Explorer
Explorer
06Fargo wrote:

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III

turboo
Explorer
Explorer