cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2007 GMC 2500 DuraMax

RiverRat78
Explorer
Explorer
Have a friend getting ready to sell a GMC DuraMax. Has around 27k and he's wondering if there is any negative history with this year. Figured it's worth around $30k because it's super clean.

Any mechanics that know anything about this year. My mechanic said the 08's and newer are pretty good but I didn't ask about the 07's.
15 REPLIES 15

Paul_Clancy
Explorer
Explorer
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
RiverRat78 wrote:
It is the newer body style not sure if it's the after emission stuff probably is it's in California.

People!!!! The OP said it's a newer body style. That means LMM NOT LBZ! Not that the LMM is a bad engine...............it's not.

Exactly. The lmm was far more trouble free than the cummins and ps of the same years. Mine continues to be trouble free. Not a peep from any emissions component in 6.5 years (2009 my). That low milage lmm is a find for someone. So sorry about your friend.

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
RiverRat78 wrote:
It is the newer body style not sure if it's the after emission stuff probably is it's in California.

People!!!! The OP said it's a newer body style. That means LMM NOT LBZ! Not that the LMM is a bad engine...............it's not.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

UsualSuspect
Explorer
Explorer
My 07 LBZ has 150K on it, and no major issues, just routine maintenance.
2007 Fleetwood Excursion 40E Cat C7 350 HP
2007 Chev 2500HD D/A Long bed CC (Yes, it is my TOAD :B)
2011 Toyota Tundra
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (Backup towed)
Gone but not forgotten, 2008 Jayco 299 RLS

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
dtappy3353 wrote:
my Duramax is a 2001 no DEF. Bought truck new off lot.

Just turned 60K miles. Expenses have been relatively small till now.

Yesterday I brought it to dealership for oil change and check a/c. Was told it needed 60K mile inspection.

I walked out of shop two days later $3100 in replacement/maintenance. Truck is an investment and expensive on repairs.

Still wouldn't have anything else. This rig can pull and perform.

Not a lot of detail but on the surface it sounds like you were taken to the cleaners.
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
24fb freedom wrote:
Tell your friend not to get rid of this truck!!! It was the last year that the duramax engine was with out the much un-liked DEF system, your friend has one of the most desired trucks out there(LBZ DURAMAX) specially with that low miles.

Take a minute to read the post. The guy is dying...

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
dtappy3353 wrote:

Yesterday I brought it to dealership for oil change and check a/c. Was told it needed 60K mile inspection.

I walked out of shop two days later $3100 in replacement/maintenance. Truck is an investment and expensive on repairs.

I never fall for the supposed 30k, 45k, 60k, 75k, 90k maintenance nonsense the dealers pull. It's generally an excuse to get more money from customers.

But, back on topic:

LBZ are a winner. 06 and 07 Classic, but not all 06s are LBZ. Check the VIN, or the glove box sticker for LBZ RPO code.

07.5 (new body style) would be LMM RPO code, with a DPF.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
crcr wrote:
As some have pointed out, 2007 was the transition year. If it is the old body style, it is the LBZ Duramax, the most desirable of the older Duramax trucks, and if it is a crew cab 4x4 it will bring a lot of money with those miles. Old body style, plus 8th digit of the VIN# should be a D if this is the LBZ.

If it is the newer body style, it has all the emissions **** on it, so it's not worth near as much, but still will bring a very good price due to the low miles.

X2
Those nice last years before emissions changed bring in a nice resale value, especially with low mileage Rams and Chevy's. The following 3 years of the bell curve where not near as nice for all the trucks while in the emission learning stage. Like crcr said, look up that VIN as its a big price difference.
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
Curious as to what they did for the 60,000 maint. My 2006 LBZ had 87,000 miles when I traded and the only thing my dealer did was replace 2 glow plugs. Did all the oil, fuel and transmission filters myself.
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

dtappy3353
Explorer
Explorer
my Duramax is a 2001 no DEF. Bought truck new off lot.

Just turned 60K miles. Expenses have been relatively small till now.

Still wouldn't have anything else. This rig can pull and perform.

crcr
Explorer
Explorer
As some have pointed out, 2007 was the transition year. If it is the old body style, it is the LBZ Duramax, the most desirable of the older Duramax trucks, and if it is a crew cab 4x4 it will bring a lot of money with those miles. Old body style, plus 8th digit of the VIN# should be a D if this is the LBZ.

If it is the newer body style, it has all the emissions **** on it, so it's not worth near as much, but still will bring a very good price due to the low miles.

24fb_freedom
Explorer
Explorer
Tell your friend not to get rid of this truck!!! It was the last year that the duramax engine was with out the much un-liked DEF system, your friend has one of the most desired trucks out there(LBZ DURAMAX) specially with that low miles.

RiverRat78
Explorer
Explorer

RiverRat78
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't want to post the "negative" on this but the guy who has it bought it to pull camper after he bought it shortly after he ended up with an illness and had been on bed rest since. So he hasn't had a a chance to drive it. His family is trying to sell it before he passes away.

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
If its a 2007 LBZ (pre-emissions) and not a 2007.5 LMM (DPF) shouldn't be hard to sell with that kind of mileage. LBZs are the most sought after due to no emissions BS to deal with. Is it a crew cab 4x4?