cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2015 Ordered!

danager
Explorer
Explorer
I have been pretty happy with my 2010 F150. It has taken us across the country, with little issue towing a 7400# trailer. The issues started this year. The pinion seal has been replaced three times in 8 months, the clutch pack once as well. It needs it again, ugh! I was side-swiped by a van in mid-November, causing $5,200+ in damage. I still have warranty for another 6 months/15,000 Kms. I do not want to deal with this after that.

I really liked the Atlas concept from Ford. I was happy to hear, many of the features and technology would make it into the 2015. I don't need or want all the bells and whistles. In fact, I do need the 6th seat offered by the front bench seat, so an XLT is the highest trim package I could go with. I have been following the updates, and had a pretty good idea of what I wanted.

Last week, I was at the dealership, getting the quote for the repairs to my truck. I stopped in to see my salesman, and we went through the 2015 ordering guide. It seems as though, whenever I put something in the bed, it stuck out the back, so I went with the longer bed this time. I was getting tired of having to clip on my CIPA towing mirrors to my current truck, and the new mirrors are a different shape, so I would have had to order new ones. I decided to go with the tow mirrors. They manually fold/telescope, have heat, and turn signals, and now include the LED spotlights. Max Tow and Max Payload should handle my trailer just fine. Shortly after, I was approved to finance, and had my A-Plan PIN. In 6-8 weeks, I will be the proud owner of a 2015!

Here is what I ordered:
2015 XLT, SuperCrew, 4X4, 3.5L EcoBoost, 6.5' bed
Bronze Fire
Max Tow & HD Payload
Tow Mirrors & Rear View Camera
22 REPLIES 22

Bamaman11
Explorer
Explorer
It's hard to tell how fast your truck is received. Ford fills most retail orders before they schedule vehicles for dealer stock.

It appears that they're really cranking out the new trucks, however. Who knows how many orders Ford has in their order bank.

Now Ford must duplicate the manufacturing process at their Kansas City plant. With the new model truck, Ford wasn't just building a new truck. They are also designing and manufacturing the assembly lines, robot systems and paint systems that are completely different from any factory in the world. And aluminum is the future of the automotive world.

Ford has bet their company on this aluminum truck. And they've not been making many mistakes in recent years. It's the truck to buy now and in the upcoming years.

danager
Explorer
Explorer
It will take however long it takes I suppose. I would rather order and get the truck I want. Because I have A-plan, there is no haggling on price, therefore, no "freebies" thrown in if I take dealer stock.

The truck came to 35,000 after the discounts, rebates/incentives, and my trade in (which has some money owing). That included taxes.

I have plans to add a few accessories once it arrives. I am a handy guy, so I would not pay more for the factory order or dealer installed accessories. Mud flaps, hard tri-fold tonneau cover, drop in bed liner, LED box lighting (a full strip down each side of the bed, will use the factory switch), interior ambient lighting, and a remote starter. Maybe heated seats, if I hit my bonus this quarter ๐Ÿ™‚

RWDIII
Explorer
Explorer
danager wrote:
brulaz wrote:
Congrats, that's the exact truck I'd buy if we were in the market right now. Besides all the weight reductions, it's nice that Ford has also upgraded the hitch receiver to 1220# tongue weight with WDH.

But I thought the HD Payload trucks were not going to be built until much later, like next summer?

The order went in, no details yet. 6-8 weeks is "salesman talk", so I should expect longer. I will try for an update mid-January. Every month I wait, is another payment on my current truck, and one less month of winter... One month closer to getting the TT back on the road!

First congrates on a great truck,we want pics of truck and door sticker.

I went to the dealer to order a 2015 scab HD.I was told late delivery
April and no rebates.I went home with a F250.If you get your in 6 weeks,with rebates the dealer here was wrong,If you get yours in April your dealer was wrong.If you saved 9800,.what was the price?
OLD 2006 F150 4wd 7200gvw,Lt275-65-18,Scan Guage,Garmin,flowmaster,load levelers,Firestone work rites Bronco 800

NEW 2015 F250 Scab 4wd 10000 gvw, 6.2 Scan guage,Garmin,work rites,3200 lb load,1800lb Palomino Backpack SS1200

danager
Explorer
Explorer
brulaz wrote:
Congrats, that's the exact truck I'd buy if we were in the market right now. Besides all the weight reductions, it's nice that Ford has also upgraded the hitch receiver to 1220# tongue weight with WDH.

But I thought the HD Payload trucks were not going to be built until much later, like next summer?

The order went in, no details yet. 6-8 weeks is "salesman talk", so I should expect longer. I will try for an update mid-January. Every month I wait, is another payment on my current truck, and one less month of winter... One month closer to getting the TT back on the road!

milo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Awesome.. you'll enjoy it. You'll have a smile on your face every time you jump in that truck.
Janet & Milo ...47 fantastic yrs 2gether :B
Mona Yorkie & Buddy our beloved Beagle (both in spirit)
2013 F-150 Kodiak Brown XLT 4X4 HD Ecoboost
2014 Cougar 26sab

Living under the best Government money can buy ... Bob Brinker ๐Ÿ˜‰

brulaz
Explorer
Explorer

2014 ORV Timber Ridge 240RKS,8500#,1250# tongue,44K miles
690W Rooftop + 340W Portable Solar,4 GC2s,215Ah@24V
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 RgCab CTD,2507# payload,10.8 mpgUS tow

ib516
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats!
Prev: 2010 Cougar 322QBS (junk)
02 Dodge 2500 4x4 5.9L CTD 3.55
07 Dodge 3500 4x4 SRW Mega 5.9L CTD 3.73
14 Ram 2500 4x4 Crew 6.4L Hemi 4.10
06 Chevy 1500 4x4 E-Cab 3.73 5.3L
07 Dodge 1500 5.7L Hemi 3.55 / 2010 Jayco 17z
All above are sold, no longer own an RV

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
In this day and age, it's hard to find 6 passenger seating in a truck
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Fordlover
Explorer
Explorer
danager wrote:

I really liked the Atlas concept from Ford. I was happy to hear, many of the features and technology would make it into the 2015. I don't need or want all the bells and whistles. In fact, I do need the 6th seat offered by the front bench seat, so an XLT is the highest trim package I could go with. I have been following the updates, and had a pretty good idea of what I wanted.

Last week, I was at the dealership, getting the quote for the repairs to my truck. I stopped in to see my salesman, and we went through the 2015 ordering guide. It seems as though, whenever I put something in the bed, it stuck out the back, so I went with the longer bed this time. I was getting tired of having to clip on my CIPA towing mirrors to my current truck, and the new mirrors are a different shape, so I would have had to order new ones. I decided to go with the tow mirrors. They manually fold/telescope, have heat, and turn signals, and now include the LED spotlights. Max Tow and Max Payload should handle my trailer just fine. Shortly after, I was approved to finance, and had my A-Plan PIN. In 6-8 weeks, I will be the proud owner of a 2015!

Here is what I ordered:
2015 XLT, SuperCrew, 4X4, 3.5L EcoBoost, 6.5' bed
Bronze Fire
Max Tow & HD Payload
Tow Mirrors & Rear View Camera

I was able to build a Lariat with the 3 passenger front seat. But I'm with you I'd probably end up with a higher end XLT vs. a lower end Lariat package if I was to order.
2016 Skyline Layton Javelin 285BH
2018 F-250 Lariat Crew 6.2 Gas 4x4 FX4 4.30 Gear
2007 Infiniti G35 Sport 6 speed daily driver
Retired 2002 Ford Explorer 4.6 V8 4x4
Sold 2007 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST19CK

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Nice option package, should make a good tow vehicle.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats, that will be a real gem. I drive a 2012 F-150 as my work truck and it is a great truck that has been flawless from new. I was also broadsided in it by a lady who ran a red light and it took the hit very well.

I'm very surprised how many issues you have had with your current F-150, however. We have several of them at work that are abused daily and they have been very reliable.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

jus2shy
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats, that's some nice payload on there as well. I guess those 1/2 ton towable fifths are actually towable on the F-150 ;).
E'Aho L'ua
2013 RAM 3500 Crew Cab 4x4 SRW |Cummins @ 370/800| 68RFE| 3.42 gears
Currently Rig-less (still shopping and biding my time)

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on the new truck, you will enjoy the Eco-boost!
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

spud1957
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations! As usual, we will need pics.
2018 F350 6.7 4x4 CCSB
2022 GD Reflection 337 RLS