cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2016 layton javelin series 255rk

Newbie_to_trave
Explorer
Explorer
So I bought my first camper ever. Brand new to me but used. It's a 2016 layton javelin 255rk. I bought it and it was winterized. We are getting ready to go camping and I wanna fill the camper with water and get hot water tank full. How do I do this? Is there valves I need to open? I know there is a bleed off valve for the hot water and that plug. Is there valves that shut water off to the water heater that I need to open? Can somebody post a walk thru on how to do this. I have tried Google and you tube and have had no luck. Remeber I am totally new to this so a little extra explaining is ok with me. I'm not gonna take it personal. I just wanna do everything right and not cost myself a bunch of money. Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Try this for photo posting...

http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=3
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Newbie_to_trave
Explorer
Explorer
Ok I found the panel and have a picture of it but can't seem how to figure out how to post it.

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
It will be directly inside where the exterior access is. Possibly behind a panel that is screwed in. They are very rarely in a spot with no way to get at them as they have water lines that get hooked up after installation. It will also be mounted at or just above floor level. Probably has two screws holding the panel to it in.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

Newbie_to_trave
Explorer
Explorer
Thats the trouble I am having with being new is not know where the hot water is at. I have the rod that is an inch an 1/16. The dealership I bought it from just showed me the outside of the water heater on the outside of the camper. Would it be under the sink possibly?

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Welcome to the wonderful world of RV'ing!
A few pics of the inside view of your water heater would help a lot as there are many configurations used. One thing that is universal though is that that valve on the top of the water heater inside the exterior access is NOT an air bleed! That is a pressure and temperature relief valve. You should not use it to bleed the air out of the water heater as the air in the top of the heater is there to deal with water expansion when the heater is in use. The correct way to fill the water heater is to hook up street water or use the pump and open a hot water tap. When the water is a full stream and not sputtering your tank is full. Is the plug plastic or metal? If metal, you need a 1 1/16" deep socket and there will be an anode on the other end of the plug. If so, go to your local camping supply spot and get another one. Cheap yearly insurance. Get the magnesium one and not an aluminum one. Some Walmarts carry them also. When you post a few pics of the lines on the inside section of the water heater you will get more info and help with your issue.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Sanitize the water tank and heater before you fill for camping. Drain for fresh water on TTs is usually under the trailer. Water heater is usually filled by running the pump...could take five minutes.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad