cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2017 Artic Fox Y25

Artic_Fox_Marti
Explorer
Explorer
We bought our Arctic Fox in August. It has flooded 2x now and it looks like it is coming out the bottom between the refridge wall and connecting back wall. Anyone else having problems with leaks with this model or like model?
21 REPLIES 21

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Artic Fox Martin wrote:
Honestly not a troll post. Youโ€™ve asked a lot of great questions and Iโ€™ll try my best to answer. First flood I brought it back to Apache RV in Portland. They replaced all the carpet and wood that was damaged and told me to my face they fixed the problem. I took them on their word and went on my merry way. Next time I took it out I was sitting eating my dinner and looked down on the floor and see a rush of water coming out from under the counter caminets. I immediately turned off the water and started inspecting. The plumbing lines to the sink were finger loose. I tightened it and no more water. So, this last time out I notice water from under the wall in the bathroom and water coming down the wall behind microwave. I am praying it is a roof leak that will be easy to fix. Thatโ€™s my story about my rig. I did notice your snark and I really donโ€™t blame you. Just understand I am very frustrated with my Artic Fox which is suppose to be this real upgrade of an RV. I am now making payments to what I think is a lemon and I have to live with it. Acceptance is settling in for me....

That's a bit better explanation, and yes my post was snarky, but only to infer that you needed to better explain the problem IF you were looking for assistance in diagnosing the leak.
I can totally understand your frustration. Not a cheap investment to have seemingly big problems with it.
You didn't say what the first leak was, but I presume from the plumbing, not from rain?
2nd leak = plumbing.
3rd leak = ? Not rain, correct? Has your camper been rained on? Is it stored outside right now? Can you eliminate that and focus on the plumbing?
Down the wall behind microwave (above the stove?) shouldn't be any water lines running there. Looking at the floorplan, that is between the toilet and sink. water lines should be under floor there. That makes me think its outside water getting in. Have you inspected the roof, is there a fan over the toilet, range hood vent allowing water in?

What are your abilities to check or work on these types of things? IE can you get on the roof of the camper?

Sorry I don't have more suggestions....good luck getting er fixed.
It sounds like these are isolated incidents with different causes, so not a recurring theme at least.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Artic_Fox_Marti
Explorer
Explorer
Hawkeye we are on the same track. I donโ€™t have any warantee left so yea Iโ€™m jumping right in too.Next is to pull my fan above the stove to see if there is water damage. We will see

hawkeye-08
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have an Arctic Fox that we bought used, but really demo abused then not used by first owners (man died before they got to use it). Lots of little things, not worth fighting with local dealer, not wanting to make a trip to factory (less than 6 hrs tow), so dived in a took care of it ourselves. We know more about our trailer and are confident that it is done right.. Of course if you have items that would cost a bunch of money to fix and you have warranty coverage, get them to take care of...

Also consider getting on the AFNash (Arctic Fox/Nash) forum. It is not free, but is a minimal expense and lots of AF owners.

Artic_Fox_Marti
Explorer
Explorer
Jay D you are probably correct if I were to do all that but who has the time? Today we are blowing out the lines so pipes donโ€™t burst , thatโ€™s all Iโ€™d need. If you were to go on Apache website youโ€™d see my letter under comments. Saw the service mgr at RV show and I was pulled away from him yelling at him...made me feel a little better??
Badsix. My blood pressure stays in check when I just complete the fixes myself plus Iโ€™m learning a lot. Btw, my first time out with my 25y I was tooling down the road when I notice the pop out is about 3 inches out! That I got fixed back at dealer!

badsix
Explorer
Explorer
i always thought that Artic Fox was a superior R/V and priced accordingly. that was the T/T i was looking for when we were shopping. i would be REAL pissed. i think i would start by having a large banner made that said LEMON! one that would cover the complete side. then park it at the dealer for a wile. then up to the factory, then any r/v shows in your area and they have a few. post a picture on Crags List. i will just about bet you would get some positive results and fast.
Jay D.

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
I was less than impressed with Apache as well. I dropped my trailer off for inoperative brakes, so they sprayed some brake klean on them and told me to pick it up. They still didn't work of course. To their credit, they finally did take it on a test tow after I put some pressure on them, and after they almost wrecked, they finally got the OK from ORV to replace the 4 brakes (selling dealer, not Apache, had pumped them full of grease).

When my mege slide failed (Schwintek), Apache basically threw their hands up in the air, but they did do me a favor and gave me the direct contact info for ORV's warranty rep. That finally got me some traction, and while it required a couple trips to LaGrande (which they covered), everything was taken care of, and then some.

So... I understand your frustrations. I think your situation was made worse my a slow and unresponsive dealer. Had they sent to back to the factory while you were under warranty, I think you would have been properly taken care of. Unfortunately, they have no obligation for anything once the warranty is up, and they're most likely too busy for any goodwill repairs. That said, it wouldn't hurt to send them a friendly letter, outlining your disappointment with incomplete repairs. They might be willing to help you out somehow, especially if you're willing to leave it in LaGrande for a while.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

Artic_Fox_Marti
Explorer
Explorer
Honestly not a troll post. Youโ€™ve asked a lot of great questions and Iโ€™ll try my best to answer. First flood I brought it back to Apache RV in Portland. They replaced all the carpet and wood that was damaged and told me to my face they fixed the problem. I took them on their word and went on my merry way. Next time I took it out I was sitting eating my dinner and looked down on the floor and see a rush of water coming out from under the counter caminets. I immediately turned off the water and started inspecting. The plumbing lines to the sink were finger loose. I tightened it and no more water. So, this last time out I notice water from under the wall in the bathroom and water coming down the wall behind microwave. I am praying it is a roof leak that will be easy to fix. Thatโ€™s my story about my rig. I did notice your snark and I really donโ€™t blame you. Just understand I am very frustrated with my Artic Fox which is suppose to be this real upgrade of an RV. I am now making payments to what I think is a lemon and I have to live with it. Acceptance is settling in for me....

Lineman101
Explorer
Explorer
Our AF 25R flooded once. It was because the water pump backflow check valve failed and the city water pressure filled the fresh water tank and caused the water to flood. I rebuilt the pump twice and the check valve still would not stop the tank from filling. I installed a PEX loop with a Flair-it valve between the city water and the onboard water pump. No more flooding. Maybe thatโ€™s your problem?
Lineman

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
So, are you really asking for assistance with your issue or just venting?
It's threads like these that make a person realize there is 3 sides to every story....
The chances that you bought a brand new camper from your local hometown RV manufacturer and it leaked (or "flooded" whatever that means since you haven't explained it at all) and they just flat out told you to p!ss up a rope is very very slim. Unless theres more to it.

The fact that it has "flooded" only 3x when you've presumably turned on the water more than 3x since you bought it and it sure as heck has rained more than 3 times in Portland also makes zero sense. I've never seen a leaky anything that was bad enough to cause a FLOOD that randomly repaired itself and broke again.

And since Northwoods told you to s uck it apparently, for whatever reason, what have you done to diagnose it.
Is it plumbing related, weather related, only floods when the dog is in it and the door locked (is the flood water yellow?)?
If it's weather related, have you hit it with a hose to see where it's leaking from, checked to make sure theres not a hole in the roof? Or is this a troll post?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Artic_Fox_Marti
Explorer
Explorer
Dehumidifier always in place since first flood... had to replace all the carpet. Warranty is the only thing dried up in this lemon...

badsix
Explorer
Explorer
I would get a good sized dehumidifier in it and get it completely dried out for starters.is the warranty still good?
Jay D.

Artic_Fox_Marti
Explorer
Explorer
One year later I have my 3rd flood. Nobody at Northwood wants to talk to me. This one seems to be either coming from the stove top fan or roof. It is coming out benieth the oven and the wall/floor of the bathroom. Guess I have some work in front of me this winter finding it! I honestly wish I never got this rig! Iโ€™ve had to put almost all the cabinet doors back up from falling off. This rig also has major condensation problems! Inside both clothes cabinets beside the bed need up water like crazy, canโ€™t keep clothes in them. Hard lesson learned here. Once payments are low enough this bastard is gone!

dave54
Explorer III
Explorer III
Artic Fox Martin wrote:
We bought our Arctic Fox in August. It has flooded 2x now and it looks like it is coming out the bottom between the refridge wall and connecting back wall. Anyone else having problems with leaks with this model or like model?

Had that problem under the sink. Took it back to the dealer twice, and the shop just put pliers on the fitting and tightened. Still leaked. The third time I grabbed the service manager (yes, grabbed him by the arm and pulled him inside the rig) and forced him to look underneath the sink. Then I insisted (threatened) that the shop completely take apart the fittings and reinstall new. He begrudgingly agreed and that fixed the problem.
I could have done it myself but it was under warranty and contorting myself into that pretzel space is not as easy as when I was younger. Most of the other problems I fixed myself because I wanted it done right the first time.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
I owned a Arctic Fox 22G, and while it was a nice trailer, it was put together like a FEMA trailer, shambles. Leaks, poor craftsmanship, The bad so outweighed the good, I moved onto a Lance 1995 and haven't has has one issue after several years of ownership!
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk bรฅt - Dette mรฅ jeg se!