cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 25BH Jayco Jay Feather

carlstone05
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at getting back in the RV game after almost 8 years. We’ve narrowed it down to the Jay Feather 25BH...Most likely...Anyone have experence with this or a similar trailer? I’d be curious to hear your reviews on this or a similar model, and Jayco in general. Previously have had Coachman and Forest River trailers, but like I said, it’s been about 8 years now.
Thanks!
2020 RAM 2500 Bighorn diesel
Looking for a toyhauler
3 REPLIES 3

Airstreamer67
Explorer
Explorer
In 2006 I bought a new 27-foot 2006 Jayco JayFeather because it was light and good-lookng. It's still that way, and still serving me well.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
Switched to Jayco after a half dozen other brands, mostly Forest River products, and Jayco is much better quality than what I had before.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you plan to tow it to a seasonal site then it will work better.

As a Jay Flight owner, the "feather" part worries me. I would rather have the JFlight, I think it has more beef where beef is needed.
Im not up on the 'Feather' options but I wanted the Elite package that the JFlight offers which incls 8 options and a total of 88 gals of water. ( I don't haul that much, I need the capacity at my boondocking camp, I fill once I get there) I also wanted 15" wheels, im not sure about the 'feather' wheel size. The MOR RYDE is a nice option too, it smooths out the ride.

The 'feather' also has small holding tanks . To be honest, the Jflight is flimsy enough and didn't want to take the chance of a lighter built TT.

The dry wt which is going to be higher than what's posted, will leave you with not much cargo capacity if you look at the gross veh weight. It seems to me that this model Jayco Feather will be very easy t0 overload and that means you have to watch the axle rating, tire rating and the integrity of the frame which may or may not be up to the task 3-5 yrs down the road. You will need to watch where the tongues 'A' frame meets the front crossmember. Keep an eye on those welds for cracking. Take a look to see how all the holding tanks are supported.

Sleeps 10
Slides 1
Length 30 ft 4 in
Ext Width 8 ft
Ext Height 10 ft 8 in
Int Height 6 ft 6 in

Hitch Weight 640 lbs ****** your real HW will be in the 850-900 maybe 950 range all loaded.
Gross Weight 6750 lbs *********** )
Dry Weight 5596 lbs *************** ) **compare these weights, that dry wt is not a real weight, the gross weight rating is . That narrow things down.

Fresh Water Capacity 42 gals
Grey Water Capacity 30.5 gals
Black Water Capacity 22.5 gals
Number Of Bunks 2