cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2019 Forest River Salem 27Rei

Gcdford
Explorer
Explorer
Considering buying one of these used. I can't seem to find much in the way of reviews on this model. I have seen lots of bad reviews on Forest Rivers recent travel trailers. Anyone have experience with this trailer? Should I stay away?
7 REPLIES 7

VegasNitro
Explorer
Explorer
sgfrye wrote:
your best bet is to learn how to maintain it yourself.

THIS.

I have noticed that people who complain about their RV are the same people that can't do basic to mid-level maintenance. By the same token, the people that LOVE their RV are the same people that can handle most of the stuff involved them self.

For the OP, just your usual advice for buying an RV, pre-purchase inspection is crucial for identifying issues, hold your selling dealer accountable to fix any issues and for warranty work, those sorts of basic things and you will have a better experience with your RV.
2016 Keystone Sprinter 298FWRLS 5'er
2011 Ford F250 6.7 PSD

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
our first TT was a forest river wildwood considered an entry level TT. owned it about a year and half. overall no problems with it but with any RV, your best bet is to learn how to maintain it yourself.

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a used Salem Cruise Lite, 2014. -0- problems with it.

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
I can't speak for the Salem line of FR.. I have a 2019 Rockwood "Mini Lite" line from them and got it brand new back in July of 2019. Been on 2 long weekend camping trips with it before covering it up for the winter and love it.

For me, it's a "high end" rig compared to the 2003 Prowler Lynx I owned since new and traded for the Rockwood.. ๐Ÿ™‚

Still need more time with it on the road of course, but so far, I'm liking it and can't wait to get out for the Summer season..

Good luck!

Mitch

2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Be patient, I have a feeling the RV market is about to tank, really tank.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
As much as I dislike some of the big boys of FRโ€™s parent, I agree with Kip.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
If properly maintained, FR products are no better or worse than most other brands.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch