cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2019 Lance 1062 Price

Riley01
Explorer
Explorer
What do you guys think of this price for a 2019 Lance 1062? It has a generator, Ultra bumper, rear electric awning, all weather package. I'm not sure if some of this is stock or options.

$42995
(MSRP$64389)
Thanks,
Rick
2019 Ram 3500 CC/8' bed/DRW/4WD/factory air leveling
CTD HO/Aisin/4:10/max tow package
58 REPLIES 58

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
jaycocreek wrote:
Adventurer truck campers are the most underrated TC on the internet..IMHO they are as well built as any Lance,old or new...Those here that have had them have nothing but good to say about them,mostly..

I agree.

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
Adventurer truck campers are the most underrated TC on the internet..IMHO they are as well built as any Lance,old or new...Those here that have had them have nothing but good to say about them,mostly..
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

dwrat
Explorer
Explorer
Host is the best there is currently.

Riley01
Explorer
Explorer
I like the Northern Lite for a no slide. I also want to see the Host Cascade. It seems the Eagle Caps are pretty heavy. Iโ€™ve also seen the Arctic Fox and thought they were on par with Lance, maybe a little better.

Rick

restlessways
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bedlam wrote:
Add Northstar and Cirrus to the above list.

I have my doubts that those Cirrus campers are going to hold up. There are some pretty shocking videos of stuff falling apart in short order. A shame, because they are head and shoulders above in terms of style as compared to Lance and others who are stuck in the past.

restlessways
Explorer III
Explorer III
Riley01 wrote:
I don't mean to start anything but what are generally accepted as the higher quality campers? All I have near is Palomino, AF and Lance. I ordered my Torklifts and Fastguns this afternoon. It looks like I might have to take a trip.

Thanks,
Rick

What's really sad is they're pretty much all poor quality. I liked the Arctic Fox build quality much better than the Lance when I looked at the 2020 models. Bigfoot and Northern Lite are supposed to be high quality units but no slide and the lack of floor space for my dog are a no-go. People tend to like Host a lot, but the prices are eye-popping. Maybe you could find a used one for a good price, I don't know. I've never seen a deal on a used one, either, but I don't see many used Host campers period.

Bedlam
Add Northstar and Cirrus to the above list.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, now youโ€™ve done it. Brand wars! :W

With the disclaimer that I havenโ€™t looked seriously at any new TCโ€™s in quite a while (and apologies to any I miss) some brands I would be looking at are Bigfoot, Northern Lite, Host, Eagle Cap, Arctic Fox, Adventurer, and a new company named Rugged Mountain.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

Riley01
Explorer
Explorer
I don't mean to start anything but what are generally accepted as the higher quality campers? All I have near is Palomino, AF and Lance. I ordered my Torklifts and Fastguns this afternoon. It looks like I might have to take a trip.

Thanks,
Rick

restlessways
Explorer III
Explorer III
Kayteg1 wrote:
Lance is not having the best reviews after ownership change, but that brings real concern.
If the plastic cracks under the screw, what is going to happen when heavy person will step on it?

I looked at brand new Lance campers and was horrified by the lack of quality. The materials are as cheap as I've ever seen, much worse than my old Lance 1030 that I wish I'd never sold. The new ones were so bad that I cannot even consider the brand anymore. The flooring was already buckling on brand new campers. They have defects that should never have left the factory, like the one he's looking at. What kind of company ships something like that? Further, the recipient, in this case Camping World, should either refuse delivery or get a credit. I am shocked they are actually trying to sell it like that. Really shady all around.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Riley01 wrote:
dwrat wrote:
BTW, if you really like the 1062 and are willing to travel why not find a used one and save money?

Here's one for you.

https://austin.craigslist.org/rvs/d/georgetown-2020-lance-1062-truck-camper/7074009651.html

Thanks, it looks nice and would work. I'll have to get my truck ready to roll (Torklifts, Fastguns, bed mat) and then I can start thinking about a road trip. On to the Etrailer site.

Rick

If you're getting a TC for sure, then do this first. Then you're not limited or presssured during a sale.

I'd look to use those cracks to my advantage financially as well, if you're keen on that camper and the price is in line.
And of you want to mess with them, make them explain how they're getting a presumably 1 piece enclosure out and back in.
Pro tip, watch some camper construction videos first so you can know how bad they try to bs you.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
dwrat wrote:
I always use a product called Amazing Goop.
It truly is amazing.

Don't forget you will also need a Lance plug in the front portion of your driver's side bed.
Yes, the Lance plug is different than the standard 7-way plug..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtJtt6a0XXI

That's one option, but an extension cord Lance plug to 7 pin adapter to the rear hookup Is equally as effective and not as limiting.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
I took a look at back label on my 20 yo Lance shower stall and it says "Fleetwood quality"
Fleetwood closed the door years ago, but my other camper is Fleetwood and it is a keeper.
1 piece fiberglass stall cost big money, so no wonder manufacturers are cutting the corners on the expense.
Good luck with your choice.

Riley01
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
Lance is not having the best reviews after ownership change, but that brings real concern.
If the plastic cracks under the screw, what is going to happen when heavy person will step on it?

Another good point. I'm not a lightweight (225lb) so that is a concern. Who makes the higher quality truck campers? Does anyone use fiberglass in their baths?

Thanks,
Rick