cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2020 Jayco Antenna

Carlope
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have any info on the new antennas installed on new Jayco's?
I purchased in January sitting in drive and Antenna does not pick up very well. I have a King Jack Antenna on house it works great.
2020 Jayco 245LS
2015 Silverado

It takes a mighty BIG DOG to weigh a TON

:R
8 REPLIES 8

Carlope
Explorer
Explorer
It is a omnidirectional antenna made by Steiner Technologies. And i do have trash collection. Would love to replace with another roof mount antenna but there is a speaker in cieling directly under antenna.
2020 Jayco 245LS
2015 Silverado

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
We donโ€™t know exactly what you have. Do you not have trash collection in your neighborhood?

Carlope
Explorer
Explorer
Talked with Steiner as we know it is omnidirectional so its range is not very far. Thinking of doing what someone else mentioned but may be mount on a pole and attach to bumper and make it removeable and run through cable or satellite connector. Does anyone know if it would be amplified thru existing one?
2020 Jayco 245LS
2015 Silverado

lap527
Explorer
Explorer
We have replaced both our omnidirectional antennas on both our campers. We replaced them with a winegard sensor IV. Love the batwing and the extra height they get when in raised position but DON'T forget to lower it...lol.
2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer when needed.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Carlope wrote:
Does anyone have any info on the new antennas installed on new Jayco's?
I purchased in January sitting in drive and Antenna does not pick up very well. I have a King Jack Antenna on house it works great.

Same here. The Jack has blown away the others no matter where we've been.
Why not replace the ant on the trailer with one? I replaced my fixed omni directional batwing on my current TT (and regular BW on our previous TT) with one when it was only a few weeks old. Just couldn't live with the lousy reception.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Omnidirectional antennas in general fail miserably unless you're camped in the shadow of the TV transmitter. The useless King Jack omni on my TT is going away in favor of a Winegard Sensar IV as soon as the weather gets decent.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

jolvi
Explorer
Explorer
I know what you are talking about, first off I asked the same question and basically got a bunch of not so helpful answers. Anyway the antenna is made by Steiner Enterprises in LaFayette Indiana. I sent an email to them trying to get oh you know maybe an owners manual or instructions for use or how it is connected. That is what I meant by less than helpful answers even on this forum the answers were less than stellar. I know what you mean sitting in our driveway we get like two channels and that is is. Am I impressed with it not so much. One person suggested prying it off and getting a real antenna. Well that is not going to happen when we get it out of storage I am going to try an antenna that is designed for inside use and hook it up to the cable outlet on trailer turn off booster and see what happens. If you come with any idea let me know. Hope that helps a bit. Like I said maybe the manufacturer now has some more assistance available.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Let me guess..the 2020 antenna costs the manufacturer less than the older antenna?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad