cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

30ft Travel Trailer how common in the US

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Several companies make them here. As 5th wheelers are not that popular you get these instead. Yes they have slideouts and they do NOT go Off Road

22 REPLIES 22

BackOfThePack
Explorer
Explorer
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=airstream+triple&t=iphone&iax=images&ia=images&iai=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2Foriginals%2Fe8%2F09%2F7b%2Fe8097b928fb91d3be342516867ed1c15.jpg

Airstream and AVION both made 34โ€™ triple axle TT from circa 1978 to 2006.

Iโ€™ve a 35โ€™ Silver Streak, but itโ€™s tandem axle.

These trailers were approx 9-10k gross.
2004 555 CTD QC LB NV-5600
1990 35โ€™ Silver Streak

TCBear
Explorer
Explorer
I checked the online trailer dimensions, then carefully crunched the numbers and concluded you could fit precisely 17 kangaroos inside those Aussie rigs, along with 8 koalas and 12 cases of Foster's Lager. And then it's Party Time!!

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
4x4van wrote:
30' are not uncommon here in the US. Both of those look considerably larger than 30'

One was 32ft

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
Roflmao. RR you crack me up!
I like that first trailers interior though.

You would be amazed how many are like that as regards interiors. Very very competitive market here. Grit Dog you could learn a lot how others do it outside the US and Canada as you do not have much of an idea

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mine is 32'
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Roflmao. RR you crack me up!
I like that first trailers interior though.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
30' are not uncommon here in the US. Both of those look considerably larger than 30'
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
This is a 26ft Off Roader it needs this to tow it

Or something like this

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
prichardson wrote:
Those look bigger than 30 feet. The first one appears to have an aluminum frame, which is interesting.

Yes one is 32ft

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:
30' and longer is not uncommon here. But not with 3 axles. Those look a lot heavier than what we see here.

Yes they are a lot heavier maybe a HD Pickup Dually or more the case here a Japanese Light or light medium duty truck

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
bucky wrote:
Fairly might be an understatement.
At least in our local area it looks like 5er prices are driving buyers to behemoth travel trailers. Most being pulled by 1500 short bed lifted trucks.

Would be a real ask to hav these pulled by a Ford 150

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Another concern is all the distance between the hitch and the front axle. Monster tongue weight or three light duty axles?

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
30' and longer is not uncommon here. But not with 3 axles. Those look a lot heavier than what we see here.

prichardson
Explorer
Explorer
Those look bigger than 30 feet. The first one appears to have an aluminum frame, which is interesting.