Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acoma Pueblo Sky City Walk Through Only Photos Allowed

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
Acoma Pueblo Sky City

Acoma Pueblo Sky City
We took a tour of the oldest continuously Lived In City in North America. Photography permit included with tour ticket. No video allowed. This is a must see tour for people interested in Native American History. The tour covers about 3/4 mile on foot at a slow easy pace and takes a little over an hour. The San Esteban Del Rey Mission Cathedral, built over 11 years from 1629 to 1640 under the whip and brutality of Spanish Conquistadors, is the highlight of the tour. Pictures from the 1930's show the Cathedral to be in poor, unkempt condition at that time, and competent restoration has revitalized the structure and surrounding Sky City. I hope you enjoy the video. Only still photography is allowed, no video, hence the slide show.
3 REPLIES 3

NMDriver2
Explorer
Explorer
When I was 15 I had a rock fall on me and crack my pelvis while climbing Enchanted Mesa next to Sky City. Ah the good old days. 🙂 I once drove the dirt roads from Sky City south to US 60. Mostly open range, rolling hills, mesas, and arroyos with some livestock tanks.
Turret Class traveler

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting place,thnx for showing this. ??

folivier
Explorer
Explorer
We did that tour a few years ago. We also walked down the very steep path with our guide and a couple others.