cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

adding an outdoor shower

danimal53
Explorer
Explorer
I'd like to add an outdoor shower to my TT, it did not come with one. Anyone who has done it, is it terribly difficult, what were some hiccups on the install? I think it'd be pretty close to my water pump and hot water heater. Is it pretty much just cut the right size hole, add some tees to the existing water line and that's about it?
2010 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4
2016 Coachman Clipper 17BH
19 REPLIES 19

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
We just use a y adapter on the campground faucet, attach another hose with sprayer and clean away. Unless you have to have hot water, this is the simplest. I also have cut up an outdoor rug into 2' x 8' strips to lead around the back of the camper to the front, so feets aren't covered with pine needles, leaves, sand, etc. We don't use the built in shower unit. I'm thinking of removing the guts and using the cavity to store a bar of soap and wash cloth.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

danimal53
Explorer
Explorer
mobeewan wrote:
Coachmen Clipper 17BH.

Picture number 5 shows it below the right rear tail light at the rear of the tub.

ah, thanks. i was searching for 2016, had a harder time finding a photo. but I'd imagine is basically the same spot. Thanks again!

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
Coachmen Clipper 17BH.

Picture number 5 shows it below the right rear tail light at the rear of the tub.

danimal53
Explorer
Explorer
after checking a little more, looks like the "deluxe" package of my coachmen clipper 17BH comes with an outdoor shower. anyone with the deluxe 17bh who can tell me where it is located? Tried searching online, can't get a decent spec or picture.

I think possible on the door side, all the way near the back. This would be right by the tub in the bathroom, so i think there's basically just hollow space along the sides of the tub. Can anyone confirm this shower placement on the deluxe 17bh?

westend
Explorer
Explorer
mobeewan wrote:
jerem0621 wrote:
Or, something else you could do is to connect an adaptor to the low point drains.

I did this. My low point valves were angle valves below the kitchen sink with open ended PEX tubing sticking through the floor. I added Flair-it PEX x male npt adapters, female npt x male garden hose adapters and the plastic female garden hose x female quick connect ball valves to both the cold and hot low points under the trailer. I still tent camp and have an outside shower set up that I can connect to the trailer low points. I also bought a plastic laundry sink with faucet and washing machine hoses that I can connect as well for doing dishes outside or washing up dirty camping gear.

X2, the easiest and least intrusive option.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

aftermath
Explorer II
Explorer II
danimal53 wrote:
I'd like to add an outdoor shower to my TT, it did not come with one. Anyone who has done it, is it terribly difficult, what were some hiccups on the install? I think it'd be pretty close to my water pump and hot water heater. Is it pretty much just cut the right size hole, add some tees to the existing water line and that's about it?

Yes, that is about it. I did this to a tent trailer I had years ago. I noticed that the same brand of trailer offered outside showers located right next to the HW tank. That is where I put mine in. Cutting the opening in the side was a bit tense but I had faith that these Starcraft trailers had them in that location so I would be fine. I was. Good advice to not put it by the door. Also do keep in mind what you will have to do when it comes to winterizing.
2017 Toyota Tundra, Double Cab, 5.7L V8
2006 Airstream 25 FB SE
Equalizer Hitch

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
Take Red Greens advice and build one like Bills.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxLQ0-_lTmA

I use mine when fishing to wash hands and fish, I caught one once.

OH48Lt
Explorer
Explorer
Had outside shower points on my last 3 trailers (5ver and TT). Used it some on the 5ver because it was a toy hauler, and rinsing off some of the mud after a day in the dirt and muck was nice. Never used it on the other two RV's. Has to be pretty useful for folks with dogs that like to get dirty.

Wherever you put it, make sure its away from any entry points. Don't want to be tracking that stuff inside.
2017 Ford F-150 Crew Cab 4x4 3.5 EcoBoost
2014 Cruiser RV Fun Finder 215WKS
2015 Harley Road Glide Special in Amber Whiskey
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Yamaha Grizzly 660 (his)
Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.(hers)

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
jerem0621 wrote:
Or, something else you could do is to connect an adaptor to the low point drains.

I did this. My low point valves were angle valves below the kitchen sink with open ended PEX tubing sticking through the floor. I added Flair-it PEX x male npt adapters, female npt x male garden hose adapters and the plastic female garden hose x female quick connect ball valves to both the cold and hot low points under the trailer. I still tent camp and have an outside shower set up that I can connect to the trailer low points. I also bought a plastic laundry sink with faucet and washing machine hoses that I can connect as well for doing dishes outside or washing up dirty camping gear.

K-9_HANDLER
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is under the bathroom sink so the plumbing is straight forward. Use it all the time for rinsing beach sand from feet.
Camping near home at Assateague National Seashore with our wild four legged friends

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
I installed one in my Allegro. Since I have a split bathroom, the lines that feed the shower run from my bathroom, the whole way back under the beds to the rear of the rig and then back up to the shower on the other side. I could have cut an outdoor shower in anywhere under the bed. I chose to put it back as far as possible, which as it turns out was not a great idea. The aluminum studs are 12" on center which would have been fine. But when you get to the back they get closer together. Ooops. I was able to install it without much trouble, but had to trim the recessed part of the box to clear a stud. So I guess the lesson is to make sure there aren't any obstructions where you want to install the shower.

Otherwise it's pretty straightforward - just T it in. I use mine all the time because it's near my dump valves.
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

danimal53
Explorer
Explorer
jerem0621 wrote:

ah, good idea that seems far simpler.

we'd using for rinsing off, dirt, sand etc. Also our 2 dogs tend to get pretty dirty on hikes or when digging.

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Does your trailer have hot and cold low point drains? My KZ does and I've considered putting some sort of quick-connects after the drain valves, then I can plug in a mixing valve and shower head.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed