cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

air compressors

flathead92
Explorer
Explorer
what brand/type of small air compressors does anyone have, I seen a vid this youngster had this very small portable one and was pumping up TT tires. 80psi???
18 REPLIES 18

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
I use a Ridgid 18 volt to top my tires up to 125 psi.
I can set the psi and walk away.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

Samsonsworld
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
Ryobi, battery powered and I recharge while driving with the 1500โ€™s 120 volt plugs.

Same here, Ryobi One+. You screw it on, set the psi you want, walk away and it automatically shuts off when done. Plus, it'll inflate tubes or air matresses. Oh, and the battery fits like 175 other tools.
Best thing since sliced bread!

Ryobi 18v Inflator

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
I have a Dewalt battery powered inflator.
It can inflate my 80 PSI truck tires from 0 PSI...flat tire.
It can also top off my 110 PSI G rated Sailun 5th wheel tires.
Works way better than I expected. I seldom use my 110 volts compressor any more. I have a built in genset and I carry a 110 compressor.
But the Dewalt Inflator takes care of routine pressure check and topping off tires. I highly recommend it.

Dewalt 20 volt inflator
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I got my air horn kit with a 2 1/2 gallon tank and high pressure pump. It came with a hose and fitting to pump up tires. I installed a second 2 1/2 gallon 110V compressor and plumbed them together. So I have 12V on the road or 110V when plugged in. Gives me a total of 5 gallons.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
I have the small pankake compresser in my truck also, a 3 gallon harbour
freight. It will run off the pitlet in the truck ( inverter). Anything bigger like the 6 gal ones will not run on the outlet in the pick up truck. It will fill a tire, slowly, but way faster then a dc compresser.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
klutchdust wrote:

I have plenty of room under the bed in my work and play toyhauler. I carry some air line and can air up anything I care too plus I use it to blow out the dust etc. when on desert trips. The compressors that plug into a power outlet, in my opinion, are useless. If you needed to plug a tire and inflate it to get you out of a bad situation, they will take all day.

Neighbor drops this off one day saying he can't get the leak to stop, I could have it. (brand new) replaced the drain **** in the bottom, bingo. Funny my comment was bleeped out. It's what they are called/ labeled at the hardware store. :R

I don't recall the brand but looks exactly the same in yellow. Works fine up to 70lb in the truck tires. (Rated for more) Also allows me to run pneumatic tools.

If I'm caught on the side of the road, I can always crank the generator up to power it if needed but typically it gets used when parked and topping up before travel starts.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
That cheap Harbor Freight one just filled the tire on my son's Hyundai Sonata from flat to full in just a few minutes. The tires are very low profile though. I was impressed.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II

I have plenty of room under the bed in my work and play toyhauler. I carry some air line and can air up anything I care too plus I use it to blow out the dust etc. when on desert trips. The compressors that plug into a power outlet, in my opinion, are useless. If you needed to plug a tire and inflate it to get you out of a bad situation, they will take all day.

Neighbor drops this off one day saying he can't get the leak to stop, I could have it. (brand new) replaced the drain **** in the bottom, bingo. Funny my comment was bleeped out. It's what they are called/ labeled at the hardware store. :R

LJAZ
Explorer
Explorer
I've had my Viair 300P for years. You can find it for less than $200 if you shop around. According to Viair it's good for up to 33" tires and 120 psi. The 400P is good for 35" tires. My trailer tires are 14" so well within it's capacity. Only takes a few minuets to top off a tire. Never tried pumping a totally flat tire but I can't imagine it would take very long.
2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4
2009 Funfinder 210 WBS
Prodigy P3

CarnationSailor
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a VIAIR 400P. 12-volt. Cost about $300, but worth it. Rated to 120 psi. I inflate my trailer tires to 105 psi. Just took a couple of them from 100psi to 105 in less than a minute.
2015 Crossroads Rushmore Springfield
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Usually if it clamps on the battery terminals it will do fine. Cigar plug? Probably weak.

I use an MV-50 for light use over the last 15 years.

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
I carry a hot dog compressor from Harbor Freight, 120 volt. It has worked fine for truck and trailer tires. Around $50.

belairbrian
Explorer
Explorer
I have a VIAIR. rated to 120PSI. Never took it that high but I have used it to set truck tires to 80.

Look for one that uses alligator style battery connections not a cigeratte lighter plug
TV 2007 Chevy 2500 Long Box Vortec 8.1/Allison or 2016 Tundra Crew Max 5.7L 4x4
2022 Freedom Express 192RBS
Equalizer 4 way WDH, Prodigy 3 BC
USAF Retired
WAR EAGLE

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've got the Milwaukee M12 inflator, handles 65 PSI just fine but I don't have any 80 PSI experience. I did inflate a gentleman's spare that was reading 0 PSI when I hooked up to 65 PSI with just one rest (hose was starting to get hot so we mounted the tire while we waited, by the time we were done jacking the corner higher and putting on the lug nuts it was cool enough I was comfortable enough to go from 55 to 65). I'm using 6 Ah batteries I bought off Amazon for $40 for 2. It's not the cheapest solution but it's probably the smallest that can handle RV type pressures, combined with the ease of use vs corded units I thought it was well worth the investment.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH