cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Air Conditoner Vibration

Mark_and_Linda
Explorer
Explorer
My AC Air Conditioner had a vibration that I have been trying to isolate..last camping trip it about drove me nuts. I found the thread on this forum so I started trying to isolate it. I pulled the bottom cover off inside and tightened the mount bolts. They were loose, not the problem though. I climbed on top and took the cover off...checked everything and tightened the motor mounts. I still had a vibration so I checked the inside of the fan blade...nothing. I took off the other cover so I could see the front of the blade...there it was, a mud dauber had made him a home. I remember reading this on an earlier thread. Thought I would post for the new members...
Mark
5 REPLIES 5

Mark_and_Linda
Explorer
Explorer
Fulltimers wrote:
Unfortunately tightening the bolts inside was the wrong thing to do. They should be snug but NOT tight. What you did by tightening them is crush the gasket/seal between the AC and the roof. This may cause leaks.

Mine were not snug...three were loose.
Mark

Fulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately tightening the bolts inside was the wrong thing to do. They should be snug but NOT tight. What you did by tightening them is crush the gasket/seal between the AC and the roof. This may cause leaks.
Fulltimers
Fulltimers Weblog

2003 Rexhall Aerbus 3550BSL
W-22 Workhorse
2005 Saturn Vue (Mr. Toad)
3.5L V6 Automatic

Mark_and_Linda
Explorer
Explorer
I know next year...I will get on top, remove cover and do an inspection. I was thinking...how much would this have cost me if I had to take it to a RV repair? My DW had suggested this earlier, but I am the type to see what I can do first. Checking this forum is the best place to start....
Mark

tvman44
Explorer
Explorer
Mud dobbers are the #1 cause of vibration on these A/C units.
Papa Bob
1* 2008 Brookside by Sunnybrook 32'
1* 2002 F250 Super Duty 7.3L PSD
Husky 16K hitch, Tekonsha P3,
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs, Trailair Equa-Flex, Champion C46540
"A bad day camping is better than a good day at work!"

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Mine had a coating of crud on the blades which caused the vibration