cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aluminum f150 body work

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
anyone have any tips for getting a minor (shallow about the size of my palm) dent out of a door panel as easily as possible. would rather not drill a center hole for a puller, and I seem to brake door panel clips every time I try to open up a door from inside so id like to avoid this if possible. Its on the drivers door about a foot down from the window and about 25 percent of the way in from the front of the door. have access to some large suction cups but don't think they have the oomphff. got clipped by a reckless teenager and would like to get my truck back to its original condition on my own to save the $ and the drama. its not bad and I can buff out the rest of the damage shy of the rim she toasted. thanks in advance.
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....
13 REPLIES 13

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
X3 on the paintless dent removal.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
Im reporting (to protect myself) but not making a claim since the 1000 deductible will eat most of the cost id rather save my accident forgiveness that I have for when I need it (major accident)

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Jebby14 wrote:
no fault insurance in Ontario. welcome to government sanctioned robbery. getting insurance involved would hurt me more than just spending my own hard earned money regardless of the fact that I did nothing wrong......

MI has had "no fault" for many years. I had to use it a couple of years ago. The insurance company waved my deductible because the other person was at fault.

First claim I have had with any insurance company in over 30 years, so there was no big increase in semi-annual price.

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
yup. sure does.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Jebby14 wrote:
no fault insurance in Ontario. welcome to government sanctioned robbery. getting insurance involved would hurt me more than just spending my own hard earned money regardless of the fact that I did nothing wrong......

Wow, that blows.....or does it? Do you understand the no fault policies?
My understanding is that “fault” for and accident is determined the same way as other type of insurance and your rate or driver rating is only affected IF you are at fault or partially at fault.
The big question is credit rating now that credit rating is tied to everything in your life and not just your actual credit history.
And I’d get a paintless dent place to pull it.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
I 2nd what mooky stinks said.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
Get their insurance to pay. I have no Ford experience but working with aircraft aluminum I may be wrong but it's not going to " pop " back out & not look like poopoo.
You might try getting the area hot with a heat gun or direct sun then putting dry ice on it.

mooky_stinks
Explorer
Explorer
A good paintless dent repair guy can do that and it'll be like new. They're not very exspensive and I've seen them do some very large repairs. One's that I never thought they would even attempt.
2020 F150 XL Screw 4x4 6.5”box
3.5 ecoboost Max tow HDPP
7850 GVW. 4800 RAWR
2565 payload

2020 Cougar 29RKS 5th wheel

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are special tools for removing hail damage that might work for you. Instead of drilling a hole for a screw to pull with they use a special glue to attach the pulling device. After pulling up the dent the glue can be released somehow without damaging the paint. You might be able to buy a kit but getting a pro to do it should be hard or expensive. It probably won't be perfect but it will be much better.

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
alignment will be checked this weekend when I can get it to a shop. drives straight with no vibes up to and above highway speed. the rim more so looks chewed, don't think its bent. it will be swapped out. going to pull the dent at work Saturday with our industrial suction cups I hope. if not ill reassess.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Your truck is too nice for a home fix it up. If a rim is damaged, suspension/alignment needs to be checked by a pro. If a dent in door can't be easily popped out with suction, it also needs a quality body shop. JMHO

Jerry

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
U tube on how to remove panel.don,t think you have a choice.