cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Am I allowed?

DSteiner51
Explorer
Explorer
Marty, am I allowed to copy/paste Wadcutterโ€™s post from page two of the federal weight laws thread to other sites on the web?

There is so much bs on the net and since โ€˜I read it on the netโ€™ makes it a โ€˜legal factโ€™ I think his posts should be much more widespread.
D. Steiner
The sooner I fall behind, the more time I have to catch up.
12 REPLIES 12

DSteiner51
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
I have quoted Wadcutter on other forums and people that do not understand the Federal Bridge Weight laws, still do not understand them when presented with the facts. So it is kind of a waste of time trying to enlighten internet Weight Police!

Like Marty, JIMNLIN, many others including myself have hauled commercially we understand the laws. It would be very difficult for any pickup to exceed the weight laws.

Iโ€™ve hauled commercial too until 10 years or so ago which is why I know nothing or little compared to those who never did. Which is why I spend little time here.. too many people knew too much that wasnโ€™t true.
D. Steiner

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have quoted Wadcutter on other forums and people that do not understand the Federal Bridge Weight laws, still do not understand them when presented with the facts. So it is kind of a waste of time trying to enlighten internet Weight Police!

Like Marty, JIMNLIN, many others including myself have hauled commercially we understand the laws. It would be very difficult for any pickup to exceed the weight laws.

2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II

DSteiner51
Explorer
Explorer
blt2ski wrote:
I'd use it, but link it or equal. Especially if said experts are quoting laws incorrectly. I've had folks on here not like me quoting the correctly.
My 02

Marty

Thank you!

The threads I want to use it on are not related to rv.net in any way that I am aware of.
D. Steiner

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:
The poster gave up all his rights to the content when he put it on this board. Marcus could however sue you if he wanted to do so.

you hereby represent that you have all necessary rights in the User Content, communications, or other information that you have provided, transmitted or sent to the Public Forum. By uploading User Content to any Public Forum or submitting any materials to us, you automatically grant (or warrant that the owner of such rights has expressly granted) CWGS and its Service Providers a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, nonexclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, display, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and distribute such materials...

Non exclusive.
-- Chris Bryant

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ralph Cramden wrote:
DSteiner51 wrote:
I got permanently banned after making several posts because I challenged the โ€œexpertsโ€ as a newbie on that forum.

Let us guess......IRV2 or Forest River Forum?

I was permanently banned from IRV2 for challenging SmokyWren a Moderator on the 14k GVWR but was technically banned for trying to sell my RV that I had just bought and letting someone know not to try to sell as it was a violation.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

blt2ski
I'd use it, but link it or equal. Especially if said experts are quoting laws incorrectly. I've had folks on here not like me quoting the correctly.
My 02

Marty
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Tvov wrote:
Just out of curiosity... do you have a link or something about what you are talking about?

Nevermind! I went and looked at the top of this forum, and ta-da, there is the thread you are talking about.

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Just out of curiosity... do you have a link or something about what you are talking about?

DSteiner51
Explorer
Explorer
I have not used it anywhere yet. I thot it only right and fair to ask permission first. I have copied it to my iPad but before I post I want permission. Iโ€™ve been saying basically the same thing in other forums for years and one recently I got permanently banned after making several posts because I challenged the โ€œexpertsโ€ as a newbie on that forum.

I have always appreciated Wadcutterโ€™s post on the topic.
D. Steiner

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
not that much different than using "quote".
bumpy

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's generally good 'netidicate' to ask permission before copying someone else's post.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper