cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anybody Run Centramatics?

Bob__B
Explorer
Explorer
Don't think I want any of those beads you put inside the tire.......But I'm thinking about getting centramatics all the way around.

What are the opinions of anyone who has used them?
2007 Lance 1181, 2013 Chevy 3500 DRW
8 REPLIES 8

chiefneon
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy!

I have used on my Last two MDT's 5500 Kodiak 19.5 tires and now 4400 International 22.5 tires used to tow my 5er. Run them on front and back duel tires. No problems work great and will continue to use them.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

finsruskw
Explorer
Explorer
I ran C/tics on the front axles of all my class 8 rigs, and Equal in the dual rears as well as trailer tires.

I have also had C/tics leak before. They were replaced at no cost, but sure made a mess. The Equal, is in a powder form.

bjbear
Explorer
Explorer
I run them on all 4 wheels of my Ram 3500 DRW. Definitely one of the best upgrades I have made. Made a real difference to the ridw quality. Only issue is that it makes filling the inside dual diffcult. Have an equalizer system, but have not insalled yet.
2006 Monaco Camelot 42-DSQ
09 Blazer 20' Covered Trailer
Toad - 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
My Website

towpro
Explorer
Explorer
I ran them on my 06 Ram 3500SRW because I change my own tires (used to installed snows every winter) but only have a bubble balancer (which since than I have gotten real good with).

I really would like to get them for my 15 Ram, But right now I don't have a problem with balance so we will see how it goes later.

I do recall every once and a while (cold?) when first starting out I would feel a little vibration but it soon goes away.
2022 Ford F150
Sold: 2016 Arctic Fox 990, 2018 Ram 3500, 2011 Open Range
Sold Forest River Forester 2401R Mercedes Benz. when campsites went from $90 to $190 per night.

rcmiller32
Explorer
Explorer
Purchased them for our motorhome, but have not been able to install them yet. Motorhome is 7 hours away at the factory for some warranty work. Hope to install the front ones before the drive back in a week or two.

Try searching over at Irv2 for info on them.
2014 Coachmen Pursuit 31BDP
2016 Ford C-Max Energi
Member FROG, FMCA, Life Member Good Sam Club, Member Coachmen Owners Association

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Technology improves.
I have old centramatics on my vintage conversion with 22.5" wheels.
Only front and works well.
When my centramatic has dry channels, newer design are fluid-filled what keeps the groves clean and prevents freezing.
Than the beds inside the tires work too. I did it once on a car and went cheap with BBS pellets.
What annoyed on the car was some sloshing at rolling speeds so did not repeat.

Bob__B
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the link ..... but that's a pretty old thread and ....you know how the quality of things seems to go south now days.
2007 Lance 1181, 2013 Chevy 3500 DRW

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Previous thread. http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/16485188.cfm

I hope this helps.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member