cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone have Good Sam Extended Service Plan for their TT?

DatacomGuy
Explorer
Explorer
I've read thread after thread about folks with the Good Sam ESP.. Majority of the threads and replies urge folks to not invest. But i've also seen the expense a lot of people have paid and they seem to be very high.

I got a quote from Good Sam for my TT, and it ranges from $355-650 for 3 year premium (depending on deductible chosen). I'm familiar with the fine print - but in doing the math, if i lose a slide out motor or AC unit, the premium has already paid for itself.

We're a little nervous with Cruiser as its my first Cruiser rig - and we've had quite a few things repaired on it that would have been very pricey. We're considering jumping on this, but curious if any of you have had one for your TT specifically, and what your experiences were..?
2015 Shadow Cruiser 280QBS | 2015 Ford Expedition XLT HD Tow
Equal-i-zer E4 12K# WDH
3 REPLIES 3

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
We have it for our fifth wheel. Purchased it since we plan on keeping it for quite a while, at least another 10 years. I did the math, read the fine print, picked exactly what we wanted covered and purchased the options for it, but have not had to use it so far. I asked a lot of questions before spending the money. If we were full timers, I may have gone with Wholesale Warranties, but since we are occasional campers, GS Extended it was.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Toddupton
Explorer
Explorer
There is always a way for good Sam or any other warrantee company to say something is not covered, for any reason...to make that part covered you were supposed to stand on one foot on leap day facing north and call there 800 number at 4:37 am to make a claim.... Sorry it's not covered, is pretty much going to be the answer. But if they do cover it you have to bring it in and leave it with us for 6 to 8 months before we can get a chance to break it even worse for you and then tell you there are additional problems that are not covered that have to be fixed before the other issue can be covered and the bill is now $2000 to half ass fix your unit.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
most take care of there own problems, you don,t carry this type of insurence on your car,why the rv, most plans don,t pay what YOU READ in there policy. theres always a catch. put the extra money in a piggie bavk, and add 25 bucks every month ,you,ll be ahead of the game.