cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arctic Fox 1150 onboard batteries

blarsony
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2019 AF1150 and don't see any charging of the house batteries while driving, is this OEM or do I need to check for fuse/other issues?

I didn't notice the lack of charging until we recently started boondocking and moving every other day. Our battery bank was always at 100% given we have 340W solar and (3) 100 AH Lithium batteries and didn't use much power. But, I love our new Starlink, the wife likes the espresso and heater in the cooler months, so the inverter that runs all of that 24/7 is now drawing enough power and identified the problem during relocation trips.

Appreciate any help. Its not a huge deal as the solar normally brings all back up, but it would be nice if the rig would charge while driving.
6 REPLIES 6

blarsony
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all.... Power from the truck was the issue, the bed connector was the culprit. However, taking SoonDockin's and others great advise and ordered all the components to install a dc/dc charger.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
I 3rd the dc to DC option.

I did replace the charging fuse in my class C with an automatic circuit breaker.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

SoonDockin
Explorer II
Explorer II
^^^^^^ Yes Victron make a nice DC/DC charger. I have a 30 amp one and it will keep my batteries topped off and refil if we use the AC or microwave during the day. We have a 12v fridge and it easily keeps the batteries topped off with that. I then disconnected the 12v line in the 7 pin connector.
2022 Ram Laramie 5500 60" CA New pic soon
2018 Arctic Fox 1140 Dry Bath
Sold 2019 Ford F450 King Ranch (was a very nice truck)

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
blarsony wrote:
I have a 2019 AF1150 and don't see any charging of the house batteries while driving, ...

First, verify that you ARE getting power from the truck.

Second, you really need a DC-DC charger. It creates the proper voltages to charge your lithium battery (different voltages than lead acid).

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
Most likely you blew a fuse on your truck, check the 7 pin connector for 12 volt power.
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
The first check I would make is a voltage check at the batteries with both the solar and the truck disconnected.
(Hopefully, you have an on/off switch to the solar panels.)
Then start the truck and wait for about a minute before checking the battery voltage again. The voltmeter should now be reading a higher voltage charge from the truck.
Are you getting a charge from the truck?
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
“The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats