cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Artic Fox

dennych1
Explorer
Explorer
Can anybody tell me how wide the arctic fox is not between wheel well but above that where it extends over wheel wells. I need to know this before I pick my used 990 because I have brackets that hang off my cover rails. Sorry not sure if I explained right.
Thanks
Dennis
9 REPLIES 9

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
If you are asking in advance, remove them. Newer AF campers are a tight fit. They donโ€™t waste much bed space.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
MORSNOW wrote:
GeoBoy wrote:
If the OP has anything mounted on top of the truck bed rails the camper will hit, I can barely fit the thickness of my hand between the camper where it overhangs the truck bed.

That would also depend on the truck, I have plenty of room. A Undercover brand toneau cover has brackets that mount on the inside of the bed rails.

As I said on the top of the rails and the OP has the same year GM truck as I do.

dennych1
Explorer
Explorer
Fly fisher that is the measurements I needed my cover rails has brackets to mount a tool box that stretches across bed. Now I can measure space between brackets to see if I have to remove them.
Thanks much
Dennis

MORSNOW
Navigator
Navigator
GeoBoy wrote:
If the OP has anything mounted on top of the truck bed rails the camper will hit, I can barely fit the thickness of my hand between the camper where it overhangs the truck bed.

That would also depend on the truck, I have plenty of room. A Undercover brand toneau cover has brackets that mount on the inside of the bed rails.
2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

Flyfisher86
Explorer
Explorer
The step outs you are talking about is 58" wide the pan of the camper is just shy of 49" hope that helps you.
2015 Ram 3500 CC Cab&chassis Eby Flatbed 6.7CTD 6Spd Auto
2009 Northern Lite 10-2CDSE 200w of solar and one spoiled camper dog Splash

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
MORSNOW wrote:
I think the OP may have rail mounted brackets for a toneau cover that they want to clear.

MORSNOW
Navigator
Navigator
I think the OP may have rail mounted brackets for a toneau cover that they want to clear.
2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Iโ€™m not sure how much this helps, but what ever the max width is, the upper part of the TC still has to clear your tailgate opening as it slides in. If you measure that gap, I think youโ€™ll be pretty close.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
If your tjinking of using what I think your describing, your not going to want to use them. Your going to want frame mounting tie downs.