cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Atwood jack remote malfunction

richd44
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a 2003 lance 845 with power jacks. Today the remote started acting up. I purchased the camper used, but I assume this remote is the original. When I use the remote to raise or lower any one jack it is fine. If I use the all down button, all is fine. The problem is when I try and use the all up button. As soon as I use this button my red light goes out and nothing happens. Power is not the issue, I am using shore power. My question is do you think my problem is the remote itself, or does it have something to do with the camper. Any help will be appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8

richd44
Explorer II
Explorer II
I want to thank everyone who took the time to reply to my post. They were all very helpful. When I first tried to raise and lower the camper I did not have any batteries loaded in the camper. After reading the house ac power may not be sufficient to raise all 4 jacks at the same time I installed my 3 AGM batteries in the camper and gave it a try. Well everything works great just like it used to. I guess in the past I never tried using the jacks just on shore power. You learn something new every day. Thank God for forums like this and helpful people who take the time to offer suggestions on how to solve other peoples problems.

Thanks
richd44

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
if you need a new remote

https://tinyurl.com/4ynx69py
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

650cent
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure the front of the camper is always higher than the back when raising or lowering. I always use a cordless drill to raise or lower the jacks after the camper weight is off.
Bill

greenno
Explorer
Explorer
I know the jack system is 12vdc

Can you plug the camper into 120vac ( which you probably have an inverter/charger) and then run the jacks up/down/single/all?
If that doesn't work then it's probably a control board issue.

If your handy find your controller box and put a clamp-on ammeter on each jack leg and run it up and see what you read. The sum of the 4 legs should be under your max current draw. If 1 leg is high maybe just 1 jack is the problem.

Another way to do it is to unplug your jacks externally and plug in separately.
Run one up/down, then plug in one more jack and run all and see if it works, plug in another and so forth.
Good luck.

joerg68
Nomad II
Nomad II
The jacks run on 12V.
When you raise all at the same time, power consumption is the highest (provided the camper weight is on the jacks and they aren't running empty).
Lowering uses a lot less power.
Your problem sounds like the voltage drops too low and the control board cuts the power.
Your house battery may be bad or disconnected.
The 12V power supply on shore power probably does not provide enough power to raise all jacks at the same time.
2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
when your powering all four motors maybe your pulling more power than your putting supplying .

richd44
Explorer II
Explorer II
I put in a fresh battery when the problem started. That was my first thought.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
How are the batteries in the remote? Are battery contacts clean?

Manual

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker