cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atwood Jacks Kick Off

craigandsue
Explorer
Explorer
My Atwood jacks turn off (like they time out) on my 05 Alpenlite. I thought the batteries were getting bad (low voltage)so I installed new batteries but it still does it. The jacks go up almost half way before it kicks off. If I immediately turn the switch back on and try to raise it immediately kicks off again. If I plug into 110 or hook up to truck and wait a few minutes, the jacks raise again. Batteries are new and charged. It never does this when lowering.
Craig, Sue, 2 boys
2013 F350 DRW Diesel, 2016 Jayco Northpoint 377RLBH, 05 Alpenlite 1150 Santa Fe
6 REPLIES 6

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
This is when you are LIFTING the camper, right?

Lifting takes more power than lowering. If the jacks are drawing a bit too much current that will cause the system to overload and trip. Takes time because the overload is only slight. Won't work after resetting right away because things are hot. Your description of the pattern fits that theory anyway.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
I was having a similar issue. Then I bought a new remote. no more issues. the remote had just worn out after 10 years of use https://www.gamainc.com/product/rft-85442/
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Sounds like it has an auto-resetting breaker and it's getting weak.
They are cheap and easy to replace so I would just swap it out.

Bedlam
Probably need to clean and lube the jack screws in legs.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
The time-out on my campers was about 5 minutes. Never really clock it, but I could do several adjustments before I had to push the switch again.
Beware that all brand remotes operate on the same frequency, so your neighbor remote will operate your jacks when circuit is activated.

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
My Happijacs did this as well although they worked again right away after resetting the controller. I was told this is a safety feature to stop accidental lowering of the jacks. Imagine the remote accidentally activated while moving underway and a jack lowers itself to the roadway. Why yours takes a few minutes I don't know. I would call Atwood if someone here doesn't have a solution.
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.