cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

awning leg brackets

bcbouy
Explorer
Explorer
so,i have my new northstar and i have a rear and side awning.the leg brackets are in a bag in the camper and the awnings are carport style right now. i want to install the wall mount brackets but i'm a little worried about drilling into my brand new rig.anything i should know before i do this or am i just freaking myself out over nothing?
2012 ram 2500 hemi crew cab sb 4x4 2015 northstar 850 sc 14.5 g3 guide custom fly fishing boat
5 REPLIES 5

trailgranny50
Explorer
Explorer
Even tho ours are a different brand we had the same issue with the rear one. Too short on anything other than perfectly level ground. We have a cargo tray in the receiver hitch that incorporates Gen storage, extra fuel and water and our steps. We attached marine brackets to it and the legs fit into those to give us consistent angle. The side awning wasn't a problem as it is on a hard side TC on the wall just below the roof line and the legs go back to the camper rather than the ground. Maybe yours should do the same? I see most pop ups with the awnings mounted at the top of the hard wall unless they are bag awnings that you unzip then raise the roof. Our rear one is an ARB BAG type and I have to use the ladder some. Case type wouldn't fit there. Lucky for you the dealer will help. Our camper was a family purchase 980 miles away so I was on my own to figure it out. Nearby son and a friend were my extra pair of hands as DH doesn't get involved with the camper mods, AT ALL. Hope they get it all working for you. We used ours first trip after installment in the rain and was sure nice.
2004 Chevy 3500 Duramax all stock
1990 950 Shadow Cruiser Hard side multiple add-ons
Ancient Valco 10'x5' John boat
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Team
One-eyed Trail Horse and one horse trailer
Rocky, Annie, Muffie traveling Fur Babies

bcbouy
Explorer
Explorer
they're both fiamma's.made in the uk,for camper vans.when my pop up is up the legs are too short by a long way. the wife called the dealer and they are squeezing me in at 10:30 tomorrow morning.hopefully they have the second set of mounts laying around as they neglected to give them to me.better them drilling holes in my camper walls than me doing it.
2012 ram 2500 hemi crew cab sb 4x4 2015 northstar 850 sc 14.5 g3 guide custom fly fishing boat

trailgranny50
Explorer
Explorer
What brand is your awning? With our Carefree Freedom there were options to mounting it on the camper. You could do the drill thru the wall with the supplied brackets or slide it into the standard awning track installed just below the roof line on the wall. We went with the track system since we weren't sure of what was in the wall what might get drilled thru in such an old camper. The track can also be attached lower on the side wall but that to requires drilling into the wall in a lot of places and where will you find framing to screw into. The legs on our awning slide into the front lead rail of the awning and store there full time. They must be fully, and I mean FULLY retracted to the center of the lead rail or there WILL be deployment issues. Been there, dine that! Not knowing the type you have I'm little to no help, as usual. Now the back door variety, I can't help even enough to be dangerous since we had to go the bag awning route and modify support leg positioning due, again, to the funky back end of our camper and ladder positioning. Good luck and be sure to have a helper.
2004 Chevy 3500 Duramax all stock
1990 950 Shadow Cruiser Hard side multiple add-ons
Ancient Valco 10'x5' John boat
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Team
One-eyed Trail Horse and one horse trailer
Rocky, Annie, Muffie traveling Fur Babies

bcbouy
Explorer
Explorer
i emailed them last night.i'm just wondering if anyone has done this install themselves.

SugarHillCTD
Explorer
Explorer
Have you called the Northstar factory?

From what I understand they are great with customer support- they would probably give you some info and hints.
John & Cathy
'12 Chevy 2500HD CC 4x4 sb
'16 Cougar 25RKS w/ Andersen rail mount
'13 Eagle Cap 850 (sold). B4 that a few other TCs and a TT