cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup/rear view Camera Reccomendations

awhit22
Explorer
Explorer
Hey All. New to rv.net forums. Looking for experience & recommendations with backup or rear view wireless camera. Specifically when moving. Rig is 32ft + vehicle. Distance between back and dash receiver is about 45ft. I have used a DoHonest camera on my last rig. It was OK. Mostly worked, but over time, images became delayed 2-3 seconds behind. Do you have a camera and would you recommend? What model?

I don't care as much about using it to back up, rather I'd like to see what's happening behind me when driving.

TIA.
7 REPLIES 7

LoudRam
Explorer
Explorer
I use a Haloview on my 29' trailer. It has a 7" color monitor and a mic in the camera. It's a very clear picture. There is a slight delay while in motion but it's minor.
Todd
Desert Storm Vet (US Navy)
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Quad Cab Express 4X4 5.7 Hemi 3.92
2021 Coachmen Spirit Ultra Lite 2557RB

If you can read this thank a teacher
If you can read this in english thank a vet

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
bgum wrote:
Voyager camera for the 541 has a water leak problem. Ours lasted less than 2 years and others on the net has similar problems. They are expensive to replace at about $250.

This is the first I've heard of a leak. I have 2 cameras that are 6 years old no problem.

C.B.
CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B

awhit22
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for your help!

C.B. wrote:
I've been using a voyager WVOS 541 on my 40' Cedar Creek since new.

5.6" Screen

Will handle up to 4 wireless cameras.

One thing I did do was run camera antenna to front cap of 5er for uninterrupted viewing.

C.B.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Voyager camera for the 541 has a water leak problem. Ours lasted less than 2 years and others on the net has similar problems. They are expensive to replace at about $250.

Partsbob
Explorer
Explorer
I’ve recently purchased and installed the Leekooluu wireless LK7 camera with 7” monitor for our 32’ long TT and, after a 450 mile trip at 60mph with it always on, I was very impressed with the image quality without any signal loss, but I never had a chance to use it at night. Our TT was already wired for the Furion camera, but our budget wasn’t going to allow that purchase. At this time, I feel comfortable recommending it and it is capable of displaying 2 camera images at the same time.

https://www.amazon.com/LeeKooLuu-High-Speed-Observation-Motorhomes-Waterproof/dp/B075T2QVHP
2015 Tiffin Allegro Breeze 32BR
2019 Heartland North Trail 27RBDS UltraLite Caliber Edition (previous)
2018 Starcraft Satellite 17RB (previous)
2012 Jayco Swift 154BH (previous)

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
I've been using a voyager WVOS 541 on my 40' Cedar Creek since new.

5.6" Screen

Will handle up to 4 wireless cameras.

One thing I did do was run camera antenna to front cap of 5er for uninterrupted viewing.

C.B.
CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B