cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bathroom dispensers

jdcellarmod
Explorer
Explorer
What do you all use for shampoo and other items? How do you store the dispensers? I would prefer to leave the dispensers out and not have to pack up after each stop. Thanks, Jeff D
2021 Ram 3500 short bed dually
2020 Arctic Fox 865 short bed
2021 Nitro Z18
13 REPLIES 13

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
I used a deep wire mesh shower basket that you'd normally suction cup onto the shower wall. I instead removed the suction cups and anchored it to the wall with stainless steel screws and a health dollup of sealant.

Unless I try and indy 500 over speed bumps, the shampoo and what not has stayed put in the basket going down the road.
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
Probably not what you are after but we use refillable small bottles for shampoo and a travel soap container. My wife made up bags out of netting material for easy drying with velcro to keep shut. She put a loop on the end to hang in the shower. Since our camper doesn't have a shower it is handy to take to bath house and we hang it on a hook in the camper to dry when we come back and it can hang there going down the road if needed. Otherwise it goes in the bag we take our towel and change of clothes in then we go to the shower.

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
I try to remember to put mine on the ground. Usually they fall sometime during the trip.
Bought a suction cup holder but it doesn't stick to my walls. I want a spot for cell phone, toothbrush, and water flosser up high almost to the ceiling.
Wanted something similar next to the sink. A way to get the electric toothbrush and flosser chargers off the small little sink. They're too tall for the cabinet.

Places like Marshall's has good deals on bathroom accessories.

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
I use the normal size bottles of wash and shampoo. Takes 3 seconds to stow them in the bathroom cabinet. Not worth the hassle of dealing with finding, buying, filling, and maintaining "special" bottles just so I can save those few seconds.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
Our shower has built in corner shelves (2) and they put straps across about 5" up. Each one will hold the equivalent of 2 medium sized shampoo bottles. For bar soap, one of the double sided suction soap pads.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yep. Just like home (except in brushed nickel).

Slymer wrote:
We have always used several of these. If you buy quality ones they stay put rather well. Suction cup baskets.

https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=suction+cup+basket+shower&crid=L2VMTR4L9LAA&sprefix=suction+cup+baskets%2C...

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ivory soap, head and toe and everything in between. Nothing else needed.

pennysmom09
Explorer
Explorer
I put my bathmat on the shower floor and put any bottles on their side on the mat. Never had any problems.
Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
Being bald has advantages. I just toss the bar of Ivory soap into the sink basin and call it good. If the Wife is along she has a tube of shampoo and another of conditioner. They get stowed in a drawer in about 3 seconds.
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
For normal camping I would use an all purpose soap/ shampoo like Dr. Bronner's.

For hunting I would use a single source soap shampoo but specifically Scent-A-Way.

...either one means I am only needing one container to pack away.
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
It takes us about a minute to move the shampoo, body wash from the shower to a cabinet above the toilet, and lock the shower door so it doesnโ€™t slide.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I store mine in the shower stall. What's to pack?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Slymer
Explorer
Explorer
We have always used several of these. If you buy quality ones they stay put rather well. Suction cup baskets.

https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=suction+cup+basket+shower&crid=L2VMTR4L9LAA&sprefix=suction+cup+baskets%2C...