cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bed liner - spray in

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Anyone have an opinion for the best, most durable spray-in bed-liner?

We have a truck camper, and a rubber bed pad that works well. We will install that over the bed-liner when we load the camper. But want a durable surface when camper is parked off truck, which is most of the time now.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic
16 REPLIES 16

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
I had both Line X and Reflex spray in liners. I like the Reflex as its more grippy therefor keeps stuff from sliding around. Both are very durable.

Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

s1214
Explorer
Explorer
Up here in our part of the NorthEast, I prefer ONYX Bedliners. I've had one last over 10 years with very little cosmetic damage and no fading.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
years back I went with a bed liner for my S-10 PU. at that time there were many reports of the liner vibrating and rubbing the paint off of the bottom of the bed and the mfr. wouldn't warranty that paint so I cut some masonite sheets to cover bottom, used some globs of silicone sealer to hold them in place and then installed the liner over them.
bed looked as good as new when I sold it.
bumpy

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Have used Line-X in 3 trucks and very happy with how they have held up. Like what's been said about both regarding warranties, I still chose Line-X. 1st truck was a '03 Super Duty, 2nd '15 SD and 3rd is '17 SD. Not sure about Rhino, but with Line-X you can get it in different colors. I don't haul sharp objects so chances of scratching or gouging is low. Yes it is rough on your knees, but I really like tho how it offers protection form everything. Should my future allow me to get another new truck again, I'd go w/ Line-X still.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

blt2ski
Grit,
I've had bed liners too. I'd still take a spray in vs a drop in. Both can have the bed itself get dented etc. Especially if you drop some 50-100+ lb objects in the bed. Be them rocks, concrete wall blocks, larger logs etc.
Issue I found the liners, is soil, bark, etc can get between the bed and liner, liner moving, the paint grinds away etc between the two.
Reality, which is worst? Not sure. The spray in being reasonably non skid, vs liner very little. Access to ALL the internal bed tie downs etc. The spray is better in the end.
My 02

Marty
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Well, I'm mostly retired, but need my truck to haul things occasionally - I don't abuse trucks anymore, like when I was building homes ... but sometimes it get a scratch or two, and I figured I'd spray it, and still use the bed mat for the camper.

Might leave the bed mat in for slip resistance, and replace it if it gets damaged - but the spray in is to UN-scratch my bed walls. They're in fairly good shape, and want to keep them that way.

Looks like Line-X it is ... most favor it. Thanks for the info... M 44
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
^Neither of them will hold up 100% to true daily hard use. But neither will the truck bed itself, it will be more banged up/dented/scratched without the liner.
Linex will last much longer than Rhino if running forks/pallets, sharp objects in and out of the bed.

Honestly the best protection for the bed itself under heavy use is a plastic drop in bed liner.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

blt2ski
I've had a few line-x liners.
As noted, if you load pallets, gravel dirt etc in a true construction worker manner, they do peel, break lose etc. Or drag gravel out of the bed with an 188" wide tooth bucket on a track hoe.....
Anyway......ice known folks in landscape biz that say both have same issues if you abuse things per day in a daily basis. Find out which franchise locally if you can has the best rep, go to that place.

Marty
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bumpyroad wrote:
I thought that one of the big 2 required any repair work to be done by original installer even if you have moved 1000 miles away.
bumpy

I had a Line-X in my Tundra and used it as a truck. I'd load it up with logs and firewood, mulch, gravel etc. I got a couple nice gouges in the Line-X from tossing big logs in the back. That's when I found out that the warranty is only good from the original installer. I never found time to take it back to him, so it was rather annoying.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I thought that one of the big 2 required any repair work to be done by original installer even if you have moved 1000 miles away.
bumpy

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Had Line-X sprayed in about 12 years ago, and it still is in good shape. The truck is mostly a 5th wheel tow vehicle, but has hauled rock and other stuff. It basically looks like new. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
based on jobs I've seen, the biggest thing is how well the prep and spray is done. For good adhesion they really need to scuff the bed VERY WELL and clean it very well also and then the masking job and quality of the spray.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
The difference between Line-X and Rhino-liner is the finish. Line-X is more evenly sprayed. Both have lifetime warranties. I used Line-X on my Dodge. 15 years of construction use.....no wear what-so-ever. Rhino-liner came on mt 2000 F350. No wear issues on this one either. Knowing how each looked, I went with Line-X on my wife's '54 Chevy.....show quality.

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Line-X is the best I have seen and used.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds