cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best brand for older hybrid?

hertfordnc
Explorer
Explorer
We're gonna drop $5k on a hybrid to use the next summer or two. I know that's a low budget but I have other priorities.

Anyway, it seems like everyone is on the hybrid game - Jayco, Rockwood, Starcraft etc.

And they all make junk but i figure there might be one manufacturer that applied some to good engineering and craftsmanship to their hybrid product?

Any idea who made the first ones (late 80s)

thanks
Dave & Ellen Silva

Hertford, North Carolina

2002 Excursion
2007 Shamrock Hybrid
1972 Revcon
1976 GMC Birchaven (hot rod with plumbing)

Finding propane leaks with a match and towing in overdrive since 1987.
10 REPLIES 10

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
shum02 wrote:
saleena20 wrote:
Jayco, Rockwood, StarCraft are very interesting game these help to keep mind calm and lite whenever you feel these types of the game very help full and hybrid gameplay very important roles to make some real life challenges and these also help in problem-solving process I also like gam whenever I feel bore and I would like to share the second hobby that is traveling and explore best Rv rental that are affordable and comfortable for me within my budget.

Use a shot glass, it'll keep the drinks honest and they won't sneak up on you 😉

Spammer! tried to notify moderator but the link hasn't worked for months.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

shum02
Explorer
Explorer
saleena20 wrote:
Jayco, Rockwood, StarCraft are very interesting game these help to keep mind calm and lite whenever you feel these types of the game very help full and hybrid gameplay very important roles to make some real life challenges and these also help in problem-solving process I also like gam whenever I feel bore and I would like to share the second hobby that is traveling and explore best Rv rental that are affordable and comfortable for me within my budget.

Use a shot glass, it'll keep the drinks honest and they won't sneak up on you 😉
2006 F350 Lariat FX4 CC 4x4 PSD
2007 KZ2505QSS-F Outdoorsman

saleena20
Explorer
Explorer
saleena20 wrote:
Jayco, Rockwood, StarCraft are very interesting game these help to keep mind calm and lite whenever you feel these types of the game very help full and hybrid gameplay very important roles to make some real life challenges and these also help in problem-solving process I also like gam whenever I feel bore and I would like to share the second hobby that is traveling and explore best ***Link Removed***Rv rental that are affordable and comfortable for me within my budget.

saleena20
Explorer
Explorer

hertfordnc
Explorer
Explorer
At the moment I am looking hard at a Treaillite but only because i like the layout- bunks out each side (two boys) and Queen at the front.
Dave & Ellen Silva

Hertford, North Carolina

2002 Excursion
2007 Shamrock Hybrid
1972 Revcon
1976 GMC Birchaven (hot rod with plumbing)

Finding propane leaks with a match and towing in overdrive since 1987.

soon2bexpat
Explorer
Explorer
I had an '00 Jayco and now have an '02 Thor. Not sure if there's a whole lot of diff in quality.

But if I get another hybrid, it will have the beds attached with cables instead of the poles below and the tents permanently attached to the bed floor.
Kodachrome Time Machine, my vintage photo collection from the 1940s to the 1970s: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCff0z54NyAfuAjUST896l6g

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Rockwood Roo/Flagstaff Shamrock, Jayco and Starcraft.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

shum02
Explorer
Explorer
dble post

shum02
Explorer
Explorer
I had two Starcraft Antigua HTT's and liked both units. KZ also made some nice units as well as Forest River Roo's.

They all eventually have issues but what unit doesn't.

babamartha
Explorer
Explorer
I have an '09 Kodiak 160 SVT. I have had zero trouble with it. Everything works. It's snug. When it's just me, I sleep on the dinette bed. When the bed ends are folded out, it sleeps six. It has everything I want and need. I recently treated myself to an electric tongue jack. I am an elderly widow and cranking it was getting to be a real drag. I highly recommend Kodiak.
BabaMartha