cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Place to Sell Tow Vehicle

4bearhug
Explorer
Explorer
Not trying to break any rules but just want get some informed opinions on the best place to list a tow vehicle for sale with the least amount of hassle. I've used Craigslist in the past with some success but also had a fair amount of scammers. I've also used Cars.com and Autotraders with mixed results. Autotraders has really jacked up their rates. Are there other sites that I should be considering? It's a diesel truck so I didn't know if that made any difference.
18 REPLIES 18

4bearhug
Explorer
Explorer
Sjm9911 wrote:
Of your buying a new one,sometimes its better to trade it in. Get the values , then figure on the tax savings, and the hassle selling it. Then see if its worth it for you.

Yes, that is always an option, but it appears that dealers pricing so low that it's not an option for me. I did an appraisal at all three of the popular online sites and the dealer offers were way below the trade in numbers I got. This is a low mileage diesel truck and I would hear "we can't give you more cause we will struggle to sell that here". I think the dealers just get enough people that just don't want the hassle of selling it so they just try to really fleece you on the trade in. May not be everyone, but not seeing any reasonable offers yet. YMMV

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
Of your buying a new one,sometimes its better to trade it in. Get the values , then figure on the tax savings, and the hassle selling it. Then see if its worth it for you.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
I've used Craigslist in the past with some success but also had a fair amount of scammers. I've also used Cars.com and Autotraders with mixed results.

Those are the 3 I used for my last F150 and a car recently. Both sold in less than 2 weeks. Last buyer said he used all 3 to find the vehicle. BTW I think cars.com was free with just a few pics. I just told people to email for more pics and they did. Ebay is possible. Never sold there but bought a car and boat off Ebay.

Good luck

chiefneon
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy!

Escapees forum has a “RVs, Tows, and Toads for Sale”

Escapees forum “RVs, Tows, and Toads for sale”

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon