Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bought a new 2019 Arctic Fox Model 865

T__Faith
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a new 2019 Arctic Fox Model 865.

The issues I have are this: Lousy Customer Service from Northwood Mfg'ing and poor customer service communication from the home office in Oregon.

Our truck is a 2009 GMC 2500 Heavy Duty Std Bed and gas engine.
When we went to pick-up the new truck camper after the dealer prep was completed, my wife yelled stop as we were loading the unit into the truck bed. The problem, the LPG elbow/nipple for was offset too far horizontally and was going to land on the the right side rail of the truck. I needed to buy a 1.125 thick piece of plywood to go under my 5/16" tuck mat to provide clearance to keep the LPG line from getting damaged. The dealership we bought the rig from believed I had a legitimate request to ask Northwood to authorize and fix the issue.
Norhwood blew us both off. I was told that they cannot design for all the changes in new trucks. When I told the the factory person that my truck was not new - a standard 2009 3/4 ton, he went OH! Then he sent me an email telling me that the issue is to deal with. The Dealership sent Northwood a drawing with an explanation how they proposed correcting the issue with about 4 to 6 hours of labor so I could get the rig into the bed and not have interference. The dealership was told that they would not authorize the request. The chief technician at the dealership talked to me later and told me that he beleives that the engineering department did not even look at his drawing, explanation and estimate to fix the issue.

Other issue: one of the small access storage doors is sloppy as can be. The Dealership requested authorization to fix or replace it. The request was denied by Northwood. The explanation that because it is small, a replacement door would not solve it. so deal with it as is.

After out first shake down trip, we found that three of the 4 window frames are warped and the windows don't close flush allowing wind and cold air to come into the rig. I have not contacted the dealership yet about that issue.

Anybody else having Customer Service and Customer Relation issues with Northwood Mfg. in Oregon?

Seaspider

NOTE: Did you see the "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★" located at the top of this forum?
    "Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for questions on how to post in the forums, signature and photo testing, reporting website or member account issues. Please avoid using Forum Posting Help and Support for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, create future threads in the RV FORUM which corresponds to the subject of your topic. Thank-you!"
11 REPLIES 11

3TV
Explorer
Explorer
I owned a 2013 Arctic Fox 990 TC previously, and it was the best RV we've owned out of 5 (Weekend Warrior bumper pull toy hauler, Lance TC, Arctic Fox TC, McKenzie fifth wheel toy hauler, Forest River class C). We never had one problem with the Arctic Fox. So after three years of much too frequent problems with our Forest River class C, we are going back to another Northwood Manufacturing TC. I just bought a Wolf Creek 840.

Kind of hate to read about problems with Arctic Fox recently. Now I'm a bit nervous for the new camper, which I don't pick up until next week.
2019 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie SWB 4x4
2020 Lance 825
2021 Grand Design Momentum 350G

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
T. Faith wrote:

Anybody else having Customer Service and Customer Relation issues with Northwood Mfg. in Oregon?

Sounds about right. Over the last 5 years, They have returned 1 out of the 6 times I've called. I have to laugh when I come here first asking a question and some genius replies with says "Call Northwood". LoL. Okay.
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
I have owned 3 Arctic Foxes, TTโ€™s and TC and they have all been very good and Dave Mann and Justin in warranty/customer service have been great.
Our AF dealer has also been great, hence 3 Arctic Foxes.

anutami
Explorer II
Explorer II
Do you have any pictures?
2001 Ford F350 LB Diesel 4x4 CrewCab Stick
2015 Wolf Creek 850 Thermal Pane Windows, Oven, Reinforced Anchor Bolts, 200w Solar, Torklift Tie Downs, Fastguns, Stableloads

Bedlam
I didn't have any problems with my 2012 Arctic Fox bought through Apache Camping. We caught a couple of items in PDI and Apache fixed them without cost to me or resistance from the manufacturer. When we were looking to upgrade to a larger camper we would have chosen another Northwood Mfg product if they built what we wanted (they did not). We ended up buying a different brand but through the same dealer.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

JD5150
Explorer
Explorer
This is why I prefer to deal directly with a manufacturer when buying. Hallmark is on top of my list. Hallmark would be the ones who install it so if there was a problem it would be fixed right there on the spot. Northstar and Bundutec are next in line. You can get hard side camper from either Northstar or Bundutec. Both of them in my opinion build a better camper than Artic Fox

Exact_Mass
Explorer
Explorer
We bought an AF travel trailer 6 months ago and discovered the gray water tank housing was resting on the rear of the 2 axle tubes when the trailer was empty, sitting in the drive and level. When we questioned the dealer about this, they contacted that factory and were told this wasn't a problem. Not a problem ... GFL! It's certainly the last time I'll deal with a Northwood product.
2004 Dodge 2500 CTD
2004 Lance Lite 835
2016 Arctic Fox 22G

bobman
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m in the starting process for buying a new truck camper and they were one of the three I was considering

Not anymore ....thanks for this review probably saved me a lot of headaches

montecarlo31
Explorer
Explorer
First of all sorry to hear about your issues. It's too late to say it could be handled differently at delivery time however they (Northwood) should probably step up and do something. I know all too well how one customer with a bad experience impacts a company 3 to 4 times more when compared to a positive experience.

The above being said we were looking at some Nash travel trailers at one point and I had reached out to Nash with questions, it was amazing for a company that depends on customers how arrogant their response was. They more or less stated it is what it is if you can't find it good luck. When I asked a few more probing questions I got a similar response. We're not the only ones who've had this experience. I guess when times are good they feel they don't need to interact with customers or who knows. It also made us wonder if this is their response now what will their response be after the sale, good luck getting them to keep their promises, I could see needing lawyer letters to get anything resolved with them.

Bottom line is we experienced similar issues with their communications and have to say we will always tell people about our experience. Hopefully they review this site and see that their reputation is starting to precede them.

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Moved from General RVing
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox