Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

bought new 2016 Vibe Extreme lite 224rls

CObroker
Explorer
Explorer
Was wondering if anyone else has one?

Also, have been making a host of small changes/mods to improve and clean up some issues from the factory and that are more in line with our use of primarily boondocking in CO.

I will post pictures and descriptions as soon as possible of the mods.
2017 Ram 3500 SRW w/Aisin
2017 Keystone Carbon 364
2 2017 Suzuki RMX450z bikes
2 Santa Cruz 5010 mtn bikes
2 cats...
6 REPLIES 6

CObroker
Explorer
Explorer
update on the freshwater tank issue. According to the dealer (from Forest River), the overflow tube is hard plumbed and goes sideways and then straight down so there is a siphon effect that occurs. They have stated that Forest River will NOT correct and that dumping half the water when towing is ok!

Also, I was cautioned repeatedly against any fix myself so as not to void their warranty. There is a simple obvious solution, but if anyone is considering this trailer and dry camping you will need to correct the issue yourself before it is usable.

Other than that we are happy with the trailer
2017 Keystone Carbon 364
2 cats...

CObroker
Explorer
Explorer
Got a call back from the dealer and it is going in. The tank draining issue is probably due to an overflow hose that needs to be re- routed. It will be gone for a week and will post an update when I get it back.
2017 Keystone Carbon 364
2 cats...

CObroker
Explorer
Explorer
Back from the shakedown trip and unfortunately found a major issue.

The freshwater tank dumped over 1/2 it's volume (approx 20gal) approximately on the gentle tow up into the mountains.

It's not an indicator issue, pretty sure it came out the overflow, but could not see as we were towing to verify.

So, since the underside is sealed, still can't get an answer from Forest River or the dealer, not sure what is wrong or how to proceed.

Anyone else have this issue?

thanks
2017 Keystone Carbon 364
2 cats...

CObroker
Explorer
Explorer
Here are some of the initial mods:

Added a velcro strap to keep the bedroom door from swinging into the way constantly.

removal of bracket below wondow curtains. With the plastic l bracket gone, we can actually rest our arms on the backs of the cushions when sitting in the dinette.

Added a door holder and removed the stock door shock so the door opens all the way now.

added carpet steps so the dog won't kill herself when going in and out. Threw away the springs and tied securley with sailing rope.

dual battery boxes, screwed to frame, handles cut off on one side each so they fit exactly, then zip tied the cables and used the straps just in case.

Added a battery disconnect. also added the 'hot' wire so the emergency brakes will still work in the switch is in the off position when towing.

moved the spare over and added a Curt reciever hitch for the bike rack. 350lb tongue weight, 3500 towing...so we should be good.

Still need to add invertor for a TV and an extra water tank under the front bed. We like to boondock most of the time and the wife likes to fall asleep to a TV and then have it automatically turn off w/o running generator.
2017 Keystone Carbon 364
2 cats...

Wiscampsin
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the Forest River Forum:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f196/

westend
Explorer