cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bug Defense

BMB
Explorer
Explorer
I'm interested in knowing the best ways to take care of dead bug maintenance on the front of the tc from driving. More specifically, preparation of bug prone surfaces and then cleaning after the trip.

thank you
Brown

2017 F-350 w/aluminum flatbed
2016 Northern Lite 10-2 Lite
10 REPLIES 10

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
Back in the 1980's we had a Class C. A co-worker told me he put Future floor wax on the front of his MH.
I think I did it on ours, but really don't remember if it worked.
Try it and let us know? ๐Ÿ™‚
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

moebedick
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on the Magic eraser. Have done two 10,000 + mile cross country trips in extreme heat and very easily removed all baked on carcasses with minimal work. I always use Mother's carnuba wax,several times a year on my truck,car,boat and TC.

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
wax, 303, and for bug removal.....Magic erasers work the best for me.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
I think 303 is one of the best protectants and beat waxing by a mile, or 100 elbows greasing.
This summer, while on East Coast I got lot of splashed Love Bugs.
Made a topic about cleaning on Lance forum and from about 10 advises nothing really worked.
Finally took from my wife some kitchen pots cleaner, who was allowed on fiberglass while paying attention and that finally worked.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
I use commercial grade (35%) Hydrogen Peroxide in warm water and a long handled truck wash brush. The upper part of my TC as well as the lower is textured, so waxing is out of the question.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:

I also wait until the dew has soaked the front cap overnight

Exactly what I do and then hit it with one of these...

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Scottโ€™s method works for me. Early morning washing with a soft brush after a wet night...as in dew or rain. Then a good wax.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Nemo667
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
I wax mine two or three times a year.
I also wait until the dew has soaked the front cap overnight and hit it with the hose first thing in the morning. That gets rid of most of them.
+1 ...dead bugs? What dead bugs?
2007 F-350 SRW 6.0L CC SB 4X4
2006 Outfitter Apex 8, 220W Solar and 3 AGM's
2013 Jeep Rubicon

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I wax mine two or three times a year.
I also wait until the dew has soaked the front cap overnight and hit it with the hose first thing in the morning. That gets rid of most of them.

bcbouy
Explorer
Explorer
ceramic nano coating or a really good sealer/wax/polish.wet dryer sheets to remove after the longer trips.that's what works for me.
2012 ram 2500 hemi crew cab sb 4x4 2015 northstar 850 sc 14.5 g3 guide custom fly fishing boat