doda1
Explorer
Explorer
12 REPLIES 12

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
BurbMan wrote:
Holy cow I didn't know there was a company that sold DIY camper plans! Might have been cheaper to build my own for what it's costing me to restore this Lance....probably less work too LOL...

How do you get it on the truck without jacks? I don't see any in the plans pic either.

Tripod jacks.

https://images.app.goo.gl/S72qLyeqzqGgudKCA

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
BurbMan wrote:
Holy cow I didn't know there was a company that sold DIY camper plans! Might have been cheaper to build my own for what it's costing me to restore this Lance....probably less work too LOL...

How do you get it on the truck without jacks? I don't see any in the plans pic either.

Glen-L is a company that started in 1953 selling boat plans and kits. I've known about them since the '60s (avid boater) but didn't know they had camper plans, too. I learn something just about every day.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
AnEv942 wrote:
Sure looks like a Glen-L Grandview camper.

That was my first thought too.

My father built a Glen-L Malibu TT in the early 70's. It was my first experience in RV'ing. Went across the country (and Canada) many times.
Thanks for posting that link... spend a couple hours reminiscing.
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

Joe417
Explorer
Explorer
I think it is the Grandview, if not a very close look alike.

My brother built one about 40 years ago.

Joe & Evelyn

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Pre 1978 IMO. By โ€˜78 windows were bigger in TCs. These are tiny.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Check all the insides of the cabinet doors often there is a manufacturers label/build sheet.

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
It looks like there are a couple of labels over the RH brake light. Depending on what those are, I wouldnโ€™t expect to see manufacturer or warning labels on a home-built.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

Pwrstrok
Explorer
Explorer
You load it with tri-pod jacks!

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
x2 on the Grandview. Miss my old TC

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
Sure looks like a Glen-L Grandview camper.
Planshttps://www.glen-l.com/campers/grandview.html
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks home made, or at the least DIY rebuilt. No signs of there ever being jacks on the corners, so if it was a TC at one time it was probably re-sided when it was attached to the trailer.