cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

carrying a boat along with trailer......any of you do this?

Baja_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Been thinking of a way to take a 15' alum boat with me when I tow a trailer.

Any of you carry a boat?

If so, how? What length?

Type of boat?

Any pics of your set up would be appreciated.

I found this and it looked pretty slick!

Any of you have experience with this carrier/loader?

http://boatloader.com/

I figured the outboard engine could be stored in truck bed.

Thanks
2023 GMC, 3500HD, Crew Cab, 6.6L Gas/6 Speed Auto, 4X4, Standard Bed; SRW
2011 Outback 250RS - Anniversary Edition
Equal-i-zer 10K
22 REPLIES 22

bbaker2001
Explorer
Explorer
we had the Coleman canoe that had the flat back. were able to put a 6 hp motor on it. now we have 2 kayaks

BB from California
2015 Ram 3500
2001 Cardinal
best friend is my wife 🙂

boosTT
Explorer
Explorer
Get a port-a-bote.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
What a novel idea !!

My only concern is that around here the wind is always blowing. On a windy day the Boat Loader may not work.

scrubjaysnest
Explorer
Explorer
We found the 12' jon boat to awkward to load/unload from the truck topper so switched to taking the 17' canoe. Made a small trailer to haul the canoe to the lake edge.
Axis 24.1 class A 500watts solar TS-45CC Trimetric
Very noisy generator :M
2016 Wrangler JK dinghy
“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
I wish I could. we used to put our 14' aluminum upside down on the popup with the motor in the jeep. now that I have the travel trailer the boat stays home and I bring the canoe. If I had more tv vehicle I would make some sort of DIY rack for the truck. just because I can carry it dosent make it a good idea. also have to be able to load/unload launch/unlaunch without too much trouble. for me (with a wife tired of canvas and long setup/teardowns) being reduced to a canoe has been fine. I can still get out fishing and I get to camp way more.
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

74alex
Explorer
Explorer
Due to age the only way I can still take my 12' cartop 160lbs and 10 hp outboard
is with the electric boatloader. It works great. Have a look at www.loadmyboat.com The website also shows videos. Although they are located in B.C. Canada , their website indicates a dealer in Costa Mesa Ca.
Alex

joezuki
Explorer
Explorer
I've never used the boat loader personally but have seen a couple guys use them and they are super easy to use
Joe & Carol
2000 Southwind 32V
2011 Jeep JKUR - toad
2014 Honda CR-V EX-L - toad

bbaker2001
Explorer
Explorer
I have put a 14'jon boat on top of truck, along with 2 kayaks. I had a camper shell on also. a 15' would definitely be a lot of weight and would need the boat loader. call them because when I called, they said they were not making the frames anymore, just the loader equipment.
if you Google boat loader, you will find many pics
I mount my motor on the front of truck
BB from California
2015 Ram 3500
2001 Cardinal
best friend is my wife 🙂