cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Coleman/Fleetwood ABS roof repair

b_rharmon
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to hear from anyone who has repaired and recoated their ABS roof. Was the repair successful?? I will be gluing a few cracks and coating our roof in the next few weeks. Three coatings I have read about are Kool Seal elastomer roofing material, Grizzly Grip and U-Pol bed liners. If anyone has used these I would like to know how well the repairs held up. I am hoping to get 4 or 5 more years from our twelve year old trailer.

I know this topic has been discussed a few years ago, I'm hoping someone who accomplished it can relate their results.
Bill DH
Renee DW
Bumper & Willie (furkids)
2002 F250 4X4 V10 W/Tow Option
2002 Coleman Seapine
2 REPLIES 2

b_rharmon
Explorer
Explorer
hanks for your reply, I will start working on mine next week, I haven't decided if I will coat it with Kool Seal or Grizzly Gripe yet. I would love to hear from someone who has used either of these coatings a year or two ago.

Thanks again.
Bill DH
Renee DW
Bumper & Willie (furkids)
2002 F250 4X4 V10 W/Tow Option
2002 Coleman Seapine

Beer_Belly
Explorer
Explorer
We had a crack in our roof, about a foot long originating from the corner of the A/C Unit. We took off the A/C Unit, and found another, smaller crack. I drilled a hole at the end of each crack (to release the stress), and put a bead of RTV, smoothed with my finger, over each crack.....RTV'd the heck out of the A/C Gasket area, and reinstalled the A/C Unit.....that was 2 years ago, so far crack has stopped, no leaks. It seems that the dealer installed the A/C Unit (or factory), and forgot to round off the corners of the cuts in the roof
*Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - "WOW, What a ride!"