cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

collectors

bcbouy
Explorer
Explorer
anybody collect stuff while on your travels? a couple years ago i started buying a t shirt at every interesting stop/location.i'm up around 50 so far.what have you collected?
2012 ram 2500 hemi crew cab sb 4x4 2015 northstar 850 sc 14.5 g3 guide custom fly fishing boat
22 REPLIES 22

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
Little rocks (very little)for miniature vignettes under my Japanese Maple collection... and shot glasses for my tequila shooters. When we do a shot it's fun to choose a special little shot glass that reminds of a a placed we were.. and a tee shirt now and then. Oh, and I drive a Subaru Outback pjay9! Won't go into the political thing though.. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜‰

Cheers!
Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

slickrock_steve
Explorer
Explorer
yes, we get refer magnets from everywhere, and YES,
I am a rock thief from all the streams and
dirt roads in the desert. I have gotten old bones too
from the desert animals I have found.

Yeah...I'm a bit quirky!!

Indy_Bob1
Explorer
Explorer
We kept it to the 'fridge magnets. I mounted two pieces of sheet steel on the walls of the "kitchen" to put them on. We've filled both plus the range hood. Cheep and small. The ideal TC mementos.
IF YOU DON'T STAND FOR SOMETHING, THEN YOU'LL FALL FOR ANYTHING.
1995 F-350 DRW PSD 5SPD
1972 Coachman 9' Knight
10' SA flatbed trailer to haul the other toys behind
2007 HD FLHTCI
2000 Honda ACE 750
1961 Willys Jeep CJ 5

pjay9
Explorer
Explorer
JumboJet wrote:
My wife's name is not Lucy, but she collects rocks. Mostly small rocks, but every now and then she will try to slip in a nice sized one.

We have traveled together to most of the lower 48 and she collects rocks from streams, rivers, and trails.

One of these days the earth will be out of balance due to her collection.

JJ...I'd remove this post if I were you, you'll have the greenies and the earthers on you who drive Volvo's and Subaru's with O/B old election bumper stickers on the back...sorry if I offended someone but really that is what this world has come to at times!!! Guns and tea..coffee puts me on edge!!:R :h ๐Ÿ˜‰
2005 Lance 1161, 2004 Dodge CTD 3500 Dually 19.5's Stabiloads Roadmaster Sway, 2009 20' Raider 185 Pro Fish 90hp & 9.9 Yamaha vintage Penn elec.downriggers EZLoad roller trailer

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
For the camper we collect Pins- from some of the parks, points of interest (landmarks), and areas or events we taken camper to. They go on the dinette valance. Few oddites/treasures we've found from different areas-

Rocks- been draggin home since I was a kid..only a couple in the camper ๐Ÿ™‚
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

bcbouy
Explorer
Explorer
bka0721 wrote:
Well, the obvious, photographs. Specifically, photographs of the entry signs. This often includes all access points that have entry signs. Over the decades have seen many of these signs change and then change back to the original. The most interesting story was when the Grand Teton entrance sign (Elk Refuge side) was stolen and a year later found abandoned in a home, in California.

Also, Postcards that I mail from of 407 National Park Properties I have visited, as well as state parks and museums of note (Norman Rockwell as an example). I currently have 22 persons on my Post Card Mailing list.

b
last year i hunted for old abandoned cabins to photograph.this year its going to be strange rock formations.
2012 ram 2500 hemi crew cab sb 4x4 2015 northstar 850 sc 14.5 g3 guide custom fly fishing boat

K_Mac
Explorer
Explorer
JumboJet wrote:
My wife's name is not Lucy, but she collects rocks. Mostly small rocks, but every now and then she will try to slip in a nice sized one.

We have traveled together to most of the lower 48 and she collects rocks from streams, rivers, and trails.

One of these days the earth will be out of balance due to her collection.
X 2 I love rocks also. My walls talk to me:)

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
Bar-b-que and root beer. Only problem is neither lasts very long so I'll have to go back again to get more :B
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Another rock collector here. Just fist-sized rocks (and never from a Nat'l Park - those are memorialized with fridge magnets) I use a Sharpie pen to mark the date and location. They're stored in a basket called "My Box Of Rocks" and the grandkids LOVE to look at them and ask questions about the trip...LOL!
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

The_Mad_Norsky
Explorer
Explorer
Note to self: please, whatever you do, do NOT let the wife see this thread.

She's got enough ideas about collecting stuff already. :B

Gonna need to buy one of those Wells Cargo trailers soon if she don't slow down.
The Mad Norsky, Doll, Logan and Rocky
2014 Ram 3500 w/ Cummins/Aisin
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD LE Wet Bath
RV'ing since 1991

I took the road less traveled .....Now I'm Lost!

ticki2
Explorer
Explorer
STUFF I think might become useful . Years ago when we had a town dump my DW refused to let me go alone and started riding shotgun . Some years back it changed to a transfer station and she feels a lot safer .:(
'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

cdbinns
Explorer
Explorer
We collect pint glasses from the microbreweries we visit. We have more than 100 and I expect we will be adding a bunch more on our upcoming trip to Alaska.

sky_free
Explorer
Explorer
Ski resort stickers for every resort we visit using the TC to camp.
2017 Escape 17B, 2012 VW Touareg

WVbassmistress
Explorer
Explorer
"My wife's name is not Lucy, but she collects rocks."

Jumbo,
this was the first thing that jumped into my mind! One of the best movies of all time! (The Long Long Trailer for those of you youngsters out there that haven't seen it)
Lisa, Bobby & Dorothy the Wonder Dog
2013 F250 crew cab/6/5 foot bed w/
Firestone airbags
2006 KZ Jag - 29 ft
Ranger Z518
22 ft Suntracker Pontoon