cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
JeffBett wrote:
In the last couple of weeks, I have done so many mods they would fill a page. I decided to just put them on my family website for all to see.

WOW Jeff, great mods! I am really impressed with your ingenuity and workmanship! Thanks for your post and for giving me some ideas.:) Very impressive!
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

JeffBett
Explorer
Explorer
In the last couple of weeks, I have done so many mods they would fill a page. I decided to just put them on my family website for all to see.

My Mods

Most my mods are for storage optimization. After doing so many and getting into almost ever inch of my new TT I feel I really know it better and will be able to maintain it better now. One thing I learned is that they don't know what a vacuum is at the factory. I bet I sucked out more then 2 lbs of sawdust, cutout scraps, trim, and extra screws, etc. from the areas they figure we will never see.
Jeff, Lori, Capri & Jacob
08 Aerolite 21QS
01 Ford F150 Supercrew

Mike_Schriber
Explorer
Explorer
This isn't on the trailer but on the tow vehicle. I added a front receiver (useful for many things) and a bike rack. At Les Adams suggestion, I purchased a Swagman Twister bike rack and cut off about six inches from the post. This gets the bikes mostly out of the field of view.

More to follow!

Mike
2006 Damon Daybreak 3276 37' bunkhouse

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
Found this fireplace at a garage sale. It can be used with flames only or both heat & flames. We had a chair in the corner by the entry door we never used so out went the chair & in went the fireplace. Works & looks GREAT!!!
pawatt

Your_Old_Dog
Explorer
Explorer
Spindeepster, that's a fantastic idea. I plan on stealing it and doing one myself! It occured to me after studying yours, I could do mine a little differantly and still accomplish the same thing. We generally use the campsite picnic table for meals but no place to set drinks and magazines while just hanging out in our lawn chairs. Kudos to you son :B
Unless tomorrow has been promised to you, you better get busy today.

LAdams
Explorer
Explorer
Ian,

When I post in all red letters, I'm talking as a Moderator... when I post in black or blue, I'm talking as a member... Red kind of gets everyone's attention so when I have my Moderator hat on, I post in red... You also won't see my signature when I post as a Moderator... :B

BTW - some very nice modifications here - we certainly have a lot of talented members

Les

2000 Ford F-250SD, XLT, 4X4 Off Road, SuperCab
w/ 6.8L (415 C.I.) V-10/3:73LS/4R100
Banks Power Pack w/Trans Command & OttoMind
Sold Trailer - not RV'ing at this point in time

HUNTER THERMOSTAT INSTALL

HOME MADE WHEEL CHOCKS

Spindeepster
Explorer
Explorer
THE TABLECHOK!!!

Follow the link in my sig to see how to make your own!

"I didn't plan on getting old, it just happened, and it will happen to you too, if you're lucky".
---Andy Rooney

flyswamper
Explorer
Explorer
Well technically speaking this is on a 5ver not a TT...but since we don't have a MODS subcategory for the 5ver forum... 🙂 ....

Here is mine...

some additional pictures of the platform:
Platform_pic_1 Platform_pic_2 Platform_pic_3 Platform_pic_4

Easily carries 5+ bikes, can be used to haul geneators, outside refrigerator, or whatever the day/trip calls for.... Also have hookups to double tow if necessary.

Constructive

disagreement is encouraged. It is how I/we learn!

Dad,Mom, & 3 kiddos (all grown up now)
Some videos of my current hobby...
Current Home - Katy, TX

Hitch_Itch
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the Link, I like the bar/glass holder mod :C
Hitch

MicDuran
Explorer
Explorer
Check out this modification thread in the Class A forum!
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire? :h
Happy Camping,
Michelle

oh_boy
Explorer
Explorer
I learned something. When the moderator was talking in all red letters I thought he was really mad. They wern't all caps so I knew he wasn't yelling.
Ian/Mary/Rusty
wire fox terror
03 Dodge Ram 3500,4x4,QC,
Line X,Hijacker 16K slider,
09 Titanium 32E37RSA

Luvnevryminutof
Explorer
Explorer
Hey mike, this looks familiar -

I didn't use the foam blocks but was amazed at how much quieter the pump is with just adding the flexible water lines. Keep the mods coming...
Mark & Kim
Kaylee, Jake & Justin - da squids
2000 Jayco Eagle 325 BHS
'05 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax

CROSSBOLT
Explorer
Explorer
Really nice work, 2Rad4u! I have doubled areas where the wood is thin like the underside of cabinets with solid wood glued and carefully screwed. Usually 1/4 to 3/8 Oak or Poplar stained before gluing up. That supplies a solid basis for short wood screws holding up the Whatever ya put up there!

Karl
Karl

Mike_Schriber
Explorer
Explorer
Okay, here's another one. Like everyone else, my water pump was really annoying. To quiet things down and improve the flow, I slightly relocated the pump and remounted it on a foam and plywood sandwich. This cuts down on transmitted noise. I also added a two gallon accumulator tank and flexible tubing which smoothes out the flow, reduces how often the pump runs and quiets the system

Mike
2006 Damon Daybreak 3276 37' bunkhouse

pacamper
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice, you need to do these things to make it more yours.
I actually built a good size drawer under our frig, where a access panel was.
Wifey loves it, worked grat for bath towel storage.
pacamper
2009 Ram CC FX4 Hemi w/3:92
2014 Coachmen Apex 288BHS