cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

chr_
Explorer
Explorer
No. I use them to keep pack rats out. Even the camp hosts tell you to do this.
-CHR$
1996 Safari Sahara Edition 35' Diesel Pusher. Just getting the Solar stuff started.

PennyPA
Explorer
Explorer
I trust that all of you with these LED lights around your RV's remember to turn them off at night when you're camping in a campground.
COPD and LVRS
On the Road Again

My Home - 2002 Glendale Titanium, 32/37DS with a basement slide.
Our Home's Leader - Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel Dually

Our Leaders - Sam(Bird), Chirp(Bird), Nellie(FAT cat), Lucy(Kitten), Willie(Dog) & Daisy(Dog)

crazyro
Explorer
Explorer
Well, you guys got me. I had to join the LED strip club... I like...

dewey02
Explorer
Explorer
Bob 1870 wrote:
Dual Axle Wheel Chocks
I know I know...this has been done a thousand times. I could never find a drawing to answer a few questions I had. So I made this up. I made set of these today and they are pretty slick. I am going o see if I can get the turn knobs (something like these:
https://www.mcmaster.com/#threaded-knobs/=x5lxzi.) I hope it helps someone else. The narrow part of the block was 1/2 grater than the distance between the tires.

Instead of threaded turn knobs, just use a pipe clamp.
Very easy to adjust, and you can have the crank on top or on bottom, whatever is easiest for your trailer.

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer
Yup, been using them for years and they work great. Simple to make.

2017 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 5.7L Hemi, 8 speed 3.21
2018 Winnebago Minnie 2250DS

Bob_1870
Explorer
Explorer
Dual Axle Wheel Chocks
I know I know...this has been done a thousand times. I could never find a drawing to answer a few questions I had. So I made this up. I made set of these today and they are pretty slick. I am going o see if I can get the turn knobs (something like these:
https://www.mcmaster.com/#threaded-knobs/=x5lxzi.) I hope it helps someone else. The narrow part of the block was 1/2 grater than the distance between the tires.

Grub32
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all, my trailer came with motorized jacks that have proven to be less than adequate in creating a stable environment for moving around our travel trailer. I have been looking for sometime for a solution to the problem and I have seen many RVers do a number of different things. I combined many ideas to build my own that I think are pretty intuitive. I have a few videos that detail the entire process of building and installation.

They can be found at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAhiOCaHewU&t=983s

And
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzUU4To5wWI

It is not a short video set as I went through everything start to finish that a person would need to do to build my kind of stabalizers.

Video 3 is now complete: https://youtu.be/zrJ72m8iHRk

[img]IMG_5795 (1) by grub32, on FlickrIMG_5795 (1) [/img]

I hope it is useful to someone else, I couldn't find anything out there like what I needed so I decided to design my own.

Best regards,

Grub

The_Owl
Explorer
Explorer
frisbeekev wrote:
Been working on mods on the new trailer. Here is the start. More to come after the weather cooperates:

Nice work.

frisbeekev
Explorer
Explorer
Been working on mods on the new trailer. Here is the start. More to come after the weather cooperates:

This is my favorite Mod:

Basement storage:

Bunk room:

Got rid of mouse hole electric chord:

Added to some cabinet storage:

Door Latch for rear door:

bigorange
Explorer
Explorer
Mike_LA wrote:
bigorange wrote:
Nothing fancy...added a battery disconnect switch today after our maiden voyage in the new 5er. Battery was down to 1/3 after 3 weeks in storage from radio, propane/CO detector and whatever other parasitic draw...

That's a good mod.
My present trailer came with a Battery Disconnect switch, but I have installed them on other trailers I've owned.

Our previous trailer had one...didn’t think about having the dealer add one this time, but easy enough to install myself.
Not all those who wander are lost. - Tolkien

2018 Cherokee 235B 5W
2011 Ram 2500 CC SWB SLT 4WD 6.7 CTD 3.73
B&W Turnover Ball + Companion Slider hitch
2003 Sierra T22 TT - Sold

Mike_LA
Explorer
Explorer
bigorange wrote:
Nothing fancy...added a battery disconnect switch today after our maiden voyage in the new 5er. Battery was down to 1/3 after 3 weeks in storage from radio, propane/CO detector and whatever other parasitic draw...

That's a good mod.
My present trailer came with a Battery Disconnect switch, but I have installed them on other trailers I've owned.
Mike
--------------------------------------------------------
2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CC/LBZ Duramax
2017 Hyper Lite XLR 26HFS

Previous Trailers:
2003 Aerolite 24RK
2006 Rockwood 3115SS TT
2006 Rockwood 8283SS FW
2005 Jayco Talon ZX24E
2012 Sunnybrook 26FBS

Mike_LA
Explorer
Explorer
Opps.
Mike

Previous Trailers:
2003 Aerolite 24RK
2006 Rockwood 3115SS TT
2006 Rockwood 8283SS FW
2005 Jayco Talon ZX24E
2012 Sunnybrook 26FBS

bigorange
Explorer
Explorer
Not all those who wander are lost. - Tolkien

2018 Cherokee 235B 5W
2011 Ram 2500 CC SWB SLT 4WD 6.7 CTD 3.73
B&W Turnover Ball + Companion Slider hitch
2003 Sierra T22 TT - Sold

Mike_LA
Explorer
Explorer
True. I even come here to use that utility when posting photos to other forums!

You can also go directly to the site page to upload a photo from your computer.
Mike

Previous Trailers:
2003 Aerolite 24RK
2006 Rockwood 3115SS TT
2006 Rockwood 8283SS FW
2005 Jayco Talon ZX24E
2012 Sunnybrook 26FBS

Mike_LA
Explorer
Explorer
Mike_LA wrote:
Mike_LA wrote:
True. I even come here to use that utility when posting photos to other forums!

You can also go directly to the site page to upload a photo from your computer.
Mike

Previous Trailers:
2003 Aerolite 24RK
2006 Rockwood 3115SS TT
2006 Rockwood 8283SS FW
2005 Jayco Talon ZX24E
2012 Sunnybrook 26FBS