cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crank up camper

somuch2see
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 05 Pine Mountain(StarCraft)pop-up pick-up camper that I need help with. When I crank in either up or down it makes enough noise to wake up the whole camp ground. This is the first pop-up that I've owned that cranks from the outside. The other owner tried to spray WD40 or something down inside the tubes, which did nothing except make a mess. Anyone have any suggestions or have any of you been faced with the same problem?
Thanks
A happy man is not the one who has the most but the one who needs the least.
5 REPLIES 5

Steve_in_29
Explorer
Explorer
somuch2see wrote:
Have no idea how to post pictures. Doing good just getting on this forum. Very hard(and I haven't been able to do it) to ID where most of the noise is coming from. Seems like its on all the square and round tubing. Hate to admit defeat this easy.

As I posted lube all the PIVOT points. They should be pretty obvious to pick out.
2007 F350,SC,LB,4x4,6.0/Auto,35" tires,16.5 Warn,Buckstop bumpers
2007 Outfitter Apex9.5,270W solar,SolarBoost2000e,2 H2K's,2KW inverter,2 20lb LP on slide out tray,4 Lifeline AGM bats,Tundra fridge
95 Bounder 28' ClassA sold
91 Jamboree 21' ClassC sold

somuch2see
Explorer
Explorer
Have no idea how to post pictures. Doing good just getting on this forum. Very hard(and I haven't been able to do it) to ID where most of the noise is coming from. Seems like its on all the square and round tubing. Hate to admit defeat this easy.
A happy man is not the one who has the most but the one who needs the least.

Steve_in_29
Explorer
Explorer
Use lube (NOT WD40) on all the pivot points and in the gear track.
2007 F350,SC,LB,4x4,6.0/Auto,35" tires,16.5 Warn,Buckstop bumpers
2007 Outfitter Apex9.5,270W solar,SolarBoost2000e,2 H2K's,2KW inverter,2 20lb LP on slide out tray,4 Lifeline AGM bats,Tundra fridge
95 Bounder 28' ClassA sold
91 Jamboree 21' ClassC sold

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
First off WD40 is the wrong thing to use. It's mostly solvents. A spray lithium grease or garage door lube product would be more effective, but not just randomly sprayed down tubes.

Identify where the noise is coming from. Spray the lube there.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

whizbang
Explorer
Explorer
My Jayco makes a loud racket going up, but is silent going down.

Can you post photos of you lift system so we can advise you, what, if anything, to do?
Whizbang
2002 Winnebago Minnie
http://www.raincityhome.com/RAWH/index.htm