cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Decorating your camper to feel all nice and cozy?!

thcguy12
Explorer
Explorer
I am a man - therefore I would not say I have the best taste in the world. But I like a nice cozy getaway when I head inside my camper.

Does anyone have any ideas for fun ways to snazz up the standard trailer feel? Maybe new window curtains, tapestries, art, seat covers, incense etc?

Post ideas, photos, etc.
34 REPLIES 34

BubbaChris
Explorer
Explorer
I'm amazed that DW has been in the de-decorating mode of late. First was removing the curtain that separated the "bedroom" from the rest of our TT. And this weekend it was removing the valances and swags from the windows in the bedroom. Both changes left things feeling more open.

On the cozy side we have plans to have some of the photos we've taken printed and mounted on canvas wraps. They are light and don't look like your average framed pictures. We already have several at home and know how nice they can turn out.

Another option is rub-on vinyl images and wording. They don't encroach on space and can be very customized. We have a place in the local mall who can do it, but actually ordered from a company in California (Wall Words) for the ones we have at home.
2013 Heartland North Trail 22 FBS Caliber Edition
2013 Ford Expedition EL with Tow Package

iv_nurse
Explorer
Explorer
I couldn't find cabinfever.com Is there a more complete link?

doxiluvr
Explorer II
Explorer II
I try to work with the dรฉcor or colors that came in the trailer. But I get a new comforter set for the bed and a couple coordinating throw pillows plus two coordinating throws. In the living area I got a throw rug for in front of the sofa and some new throw pillows and since I hate those overhead lights, I bought a small end table to put by the chair with a small lamp for it. On the dinette I got some attractive place mats and a wooden tray as my husband likes to use it for his glasses and wallet, etc. Then in the kitchen area I bought a couple urn type things for spatulas, pancake turners, knives, etc. Also got a decorative key holder to put by the door and then hung a few small wooden plaques and a couple small pictures on the wall. Got some nice lightweight bath towels and a towel hanger for over the bathroom door and a cute picture of bears going to the outhouse over the toilet. Don't buy everything at once as if you are travelling around you might find other things that reflect the areas you visit. I still have the original coverlet for the bed as I will put that back on if we sell it later. It matches the original dรฉcor of the trailer. Plus I bought my dog a coordinating bed also. Can't forget the dog.
2006 Keystone Sprinter 300fkms
2007 Silverado 2500 Duramax Diesel 6.6 - Allison 1000 6 spd. auto. tran.
1 high school sweetheart hubby - 1 ChiWeenie - Abby
4 grown kids, 6 grandkids, 2 great-grandchildren
1 2007 Yamaha v-Star 1300

mikeflys
Explorer
Explorer
thcguy12 wrote:
I am a man - therefore I would not say I have the best taste in the world. But I like a nice cozy getaway when I head inside my camper.

I started to read this and all I had going through my head.
"I am a man, but I can change , if I have to, I guess. Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati!!!!"

campknitter
Explorer
Explorer
rbpru, exactly! Hey, profdant! I have a whole set of designer duct tape that my sis gave me for my birthday, so I totally dig the duct tape idea. ๐Ÿ™‚

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have artfully scattered duct tape here and there throughout our trailer -- it looks just like our stick house! ๐Ÿ˜‰
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
Our TT was nicely decorated but we still hung mirrors, added seat covers and I even replaced half the dinning nook with a kitchen chair.

Just like your home, you want to make it your home.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

chr_
Explorer
Explorer
We remodeled by removing the dinette and put in a sofa and these cabinets. the cabinets mostly hide the genny, but I added the lamps to make it "homey."

There is an area rug on the floor and added throw pillows too.

-CHR$
1996 Safari Sahara Edition 35' Diesel Pusher. Just getting the Solar stuff started.

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
When we were seasonal we put up a few pictures and the like but now that we travel we really have nothing. We picked an interior that we liked, not going to cover a leather couch or anything like that. We like our shades and all and we are generally only inside to get ready for bed or take a shower in the morning.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

campknitter
Explorer
Explorer
I posted this a few years ago in another forum, but this is what I did to our little camper. I wanted to feel like I was on vacation as soon as I entered, so painted most of the surfaces a white. (don't look too closely because I'm a horrible painter) I covered our dinette cushions with a bright cabana outdoor fabric, made cheery curtains and fixed a wall of family photos that we screwed plexiglass over for splash board. I used a mildew resistant paint meant for Kitchens and baths.

almost ready for camping - galley-my photo backsplash by Knitlitcamper, on Flickr

This past winter, we started feeling soft spots in the entry way so tore all of the vinyl planking I put in. Our unit is being evaluated on where the leak may have came from, so keeping fingers crossed that all will be well. The blank spot in the driveway where she is normally parked makes me sad.

stufarmer
Explorer
Explorer
Our TT isn't that old. We chose more of a custom higher end choice of knobs for the Drawers and Cabinets. I'm still working on the interior lighting. My wife found a much nicer Clock and replaced the dining chairs with two matching leather parson chairs. She next installed a more home like mirror in the Bath. The Bedroom received a matching covered headboard, pillows and bed covering. Overall it's becoming more like a home, and not a generic TT. If mama's happy, life is good.

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
Command strips work very well.
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

Redterpos3
Explorer
Explorer
mleekamp wrote:
We decorate our TT with post cards of the places we've been. Couple dozen cards are all over the inside...stuck here and there

Like this idea!! I might try it out! When traveling as a family we started getting a fridge magnet whereever we went, filled the fridge, nice to look at it and remember!! Postcards are nice and cheap, and help trigger the memories also, and can be placed anywhere! Thanks for the idea!
The Travelin' Terrapins!
2016 Ford F-350 SRW;CC;4x4;172WB;6.7PSD;34,000m
2011 Nash 27T 12,995m
2013 Yr1 30nts 3150m
2014 Yr2 52nts 3365m
2015 yr3 25nts 2260m
2016 yr4 46nts 2500m
2017 yr5 24nts 1720m
2018 yr6 4nts 30m

Dtaylor
Explorer
Explorer
lasparrot wrote:
just a note about using velcro to hang things - when it comes time to remove the velcro it WILL remove a swath of wall covering as well (don't ask me how I know). I use tiny nails which can be filled with appropriately coloured putty. I've even had command adhesive strips rip fragile paper. I do use them in some places though.

Command Strips make velcro for hanging pictures and stuff. They come off without taking the wallpaper with it
Our Travel Blog

2018 Premier 29RKPR
2014 Ford F-150