cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Drier sheets, magic Eraser and glass

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Just wondering if drier sheets and magic eaters will scratch glass? They don't seem to scratch the nose cones of 5ers so would seem they won't scratch glass either. Anyone know for sure?
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"
23 REPLIES 23

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
83trekker wrote:
C.B. wrote:
Thermoguy wrote:
What are you trying to clean with dryer sheets? There might be something better...

Bugs! off windshield and front cap. Works great!

Do you wet the dryer sheets or use as is?

Wet the area using shower feature on nozzle, wet drier sheet and scrub area, rinse often, keep sheet wet and just keep repeating til done.
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

83trekker
Explorer
Explorer
C.B. wrote:
Thermoguy wrote:
What are you trying to clean with dryer sheets? There might be something better...

Bugs! off windshield and front cap. Works great!

Do you wet the dryer sheets or use as is?

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
This works great for hard water spots, and glass looks new. Spray glass cleaner on a micro fiber towel, and add this to make a paste.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Edd505 wrote:
Comet or Ajax on a soft cloth, rinse with water. Used 1000.s of mile on my 18 wheeler, glass will sparkle.

Keep them creative answers coming boys! I want to see how many different products we can get recommended to clean windows, besides window cleaner, since apparently I'm the only one who uses the stuff!

This coming from the same folks who'd almost eat a bullet before allowing other than their favorite brand of motor oil in their truck, but somehow, dryer sheets, Ajax and dog pee are better window cleaners than.....glass cleaner!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
ACZL wrote:
Thanks for all the tips gang!!!

Cummin12V, what is that stuff and where do you get it?

That stuff there is the B&W AMZ OIL Cummins of window cleaners Clark!

Actually it's more like the Amway of window cleaners...I know you ole farts are old enough to remember Amway, lol.

Of note, it does appear the home of BioKleen is right next door to my hometown in the beautiful cough, cough, Chicago suburbs!

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
ACZL wrote:

That stuff there is the B&W AMZ OIL Cummins of window cleaners Clark!

Actually it's more like the Amway of window cleaners...I know you ole farts are old enough to remember Amway, lol.

Of note, it does appear the home of BioKleen is right next door to my hometown in the beautiful cough, cough, Chicago suburbs!

mudfuel07
Explorer
Explorer
Double post.
2020 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD 4x4 Tradesman(with a few toys)
2020 Puma by Palomino 32RBFQ for the kids!

mudfuel07
Explorer
Explorer
Here in Florida, dryer sheets are about the only thing that will take love bugs off. Yes, it leaves a slight film on the paint and windshield, but that helps protect it from the next million love bugs you hit. During the season, I wash my truck daily with dryer sheets (mainly just the front) and once a week with regular car wash. No problems in the 20 years I've been doing it.
2020 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD 4x4 Tradesman(with a few toys)
2020 Puma by Palomino 32RBFQ for the kids!

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
No need to scrub or use dryer sheets or some other hack.
Cheap can of aerosol glass cleaner. Ammonia based are a bit better.
Spray on, wash off with even a windshield cleaner at the gas station. Bugs gone.
It softens up bugs on pretty much any surface with no damage to the surface.

One thing that does NOT work well for scraping frost off a windshield is a Jack Daniesl bottle. The square edge does remove frost but it also scratches the windshield! Lol
Of course I didn't notice the scratches until the next day! Hahaha

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Comet or Ajax on a soft cloth, rinse with water. Used 1000.s of mile on my 18 wheeler, glass will sparkle.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
ACZL wrote:

I put Rain-X on as well when done, but just was wondering if the 2 I asked about would work w/o scratching the w/s. Up till now just been using elbow grease and wash mitt.

AMAZON is one place.

A guy was proud of getting his boat glass clean on another forum but what he did was very time consuming. I said too bad he should have tried it. Another boat owner did try it and was so amazed several others have now bought it.

water spots come off with ease.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer

I put Rain-X on as well when done, but just was wondering if the 2 I asked about would work w/o scratching the w/s. Up till now just been using elbow grease and wash mitt.
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"Catin' in the Winter"

cptqueeg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dryer sheets will prob leave a film. My appliance installer just reccomended not using dryer sheets in our new dryer due to the residue they leave behind.
2024 Chev 3500 CCLB Diesel
Four Wheel Camper Granby Shell

BenK
Explorer
Explorer
Waterless hand cleaner

Biodegradable, or at least the one I use

Tough buggers...scrape the waterless hand cleaner with an old credit card

Then use the washer fluid and wipers (am assuming out on the road where a hose isn't available)
-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...