cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Duallies in Tennessee

zcookiemonstar
Explorer
Explorer
I may be relocating to Tennessee later this year. I was wondering what it costs yearly and if you have to do anything special if you have a dually pick-up? We would be looking at areas around Nashville.
18 REPLIES 18

zcookiemonstar
Explorer
Explorer
FF286 wrote:
zcookiemonstar wrote:
I was really looking for some one to say I have a dually and I pay this much.

About $36 a year unless you get a personalized plate and I think itโ€™s about $65. Doesnโ€™t matter if itโ€™s a dually or a Honda accord.

Someone just told me anything over 9000 is extra.

zcookiemonstar
Explorer
Explorer
Please people if you are not from Tennessee and have never owned a dually truck do not reply.

zcookiemonstar
Explorer
Explorer
philh wrote:
travelnutz wrote:
9.75% sales tax is extremely high and results in a lot higher total annual taxes paid in Tennessee than most other states with having the same yearly income.

For instance: Michigan's sales tax is 6% total max by law and so much is tax exempt. Groceries, drugs, fuel, etc. The 4.2% income tax doesn't kick in until you annually earn way over the average income and even less after deductions are taken. We know as we have lived in Michigan for 78 years and how much would be paid for state income tax. 83% pay zero income tax in Michigan.

Florida on the other hand not only has a higher state sales tax but the counties also add a tax percentage too on top of the state percentage. They also have a yearly personal property tax too.

We won't even mention the extreme taxes people in many other states like California, New York, New Jersey, and several others are saddled with and then add in the very high cost of living there too. Makes Michigan, Tennessee, and Florida seem to be about tax free by comparison...

MI sales tax is applied to fuel

WRT MI income tax, I'm calling BS on 83% number. I'd love to see the source of that detail, because even my retired father in law, whose income was way down, still paid state income tax.

None of this has anything to do with the post topic

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
travelnutz wrote:
9.75% sales tax is extremely high and results in a lot higher total annual taxes paid in Tennessee than most other states with having the same yearly income.

For instance: Michigan's sales tax is 6% total max by law and so much is tax exempt. Groceries, drugs, fuel, etc. The 4.2% income tax doesn't kick in until you annually earn way over the average income and even less after deductions are taken. We know as we have lived in Michigan for 78 years and how much would be paid for state income tax. 83% pay zero income tax in Michigan.

Florida on the other hand not only has a higher state sales tax but the counties also add a tax percentage too on top of the state percentage. They also have a yearly personal property tax too.

We won't even mention the extreme taxes people in many other states like California, New York, New Jersey, and several others are saddled with and then add in the very high cost of living there too. Makes Michigan, Tennessee, and Florida seem to be about tax free by comparison...

MI sales tax is applied to fuel

WRT MI income tax, I'm calling BS on 83% number. I'd love to see the source of that detail, because even my retired father in law, whose income was way down, still paid state income tax.

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I pay $61.55 yearly for my weighted tag for 16K pounds. My county doesn't have wheel tax or emissions.
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4

FF286
Explorer
Explorer
zcookiemonstar wrote:

About $36 a year unless you get a personalized plate and I think itโ€™s about $65. Doesnโ€™t matter if itโ€™s a dually or a Honda accord.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
zcookiemonstar wrote:

Post number two has a link. Give them a call tomorrow so you get the FACTS!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
Nashville area property tax

The current Davidson County property tax rate is $3.155 per $100 of assessed value in the Urban Services District, and $2.755 per $100 in the General Services District.

zcookiemonstar
Explorer
Explorer
ksss wrote:
WOW almost 10% sales tax! That would leave a mark.

Sales tax in my home town is 8.75%. If I go into Chicago sales tax is over 10% but our sales tax on unprepared food is only 1.75%. 9.75% sales tax is not that much change for me. I also pay $7000 in property taxes.

zcookiemonstar
Explorer
Explorer

travelnutz
Explorer
Explorer

A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, it does!!! But no state income tax.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, it does!!! But no state income tax.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

ksss
Explorer
Explorer
WOW almost 10% sales tax! That would leave a mark.
2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1