cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Electric on 2007 Open Road RV

KevinKesler
Explorer
Explorer

Okay just got 2007 open road RV second hand parked at an RV park living in it permanently had Electric for the first week in the overhead lights had the furnace going and all the buttons that operate the slide outs we're lit up we're working even the ignition to the hot water heater and everything just trying to work on getting that going but refrigerator was working too well I accidentally hit the middle button to the three slide outs one day with my elbow in the cabinet okay I heard kind of like the slide out in the kitchen trying to move but not really moving like maybe overloaded or something it wouldn't go anymore I don't know how to explain it okay from there on electricity went out it popped a breaker pop the breaker back on take all the fuses take the breakers outside at the Box I cannot get any electricity to any of the slide outs to any of the buttons to the furnace and I am at a loss first time on an RV I don't know is there anybody that might know if there is another fuse panel somewhere that is behind a wall or something it's all the breakers are working all the fuses are working and I don't know what to do to get this stuff going again I checked everything somebody please help me now all the plugins are working there's a fan there's been I guess maybe put in or if it already come with the trailer I don't know I don't have an orders man I don't know nothing but that overhead light is working along with the fan get somebody help me I don't know what to do I'm living in it permanently and I have no matter loss some kind of help furnace isn't running I'm in freezing had to throw away $200 of food I can't afford that I'm disabled none of the rocker switches work for the lights anything I don't know calling over anything and everything I could it was the guy I bought it from did not indicate he broke one of the main holders to the leveling out of the thing and he sat it down they set it down crooked and just hauled ass and I have been battling trying to get this thing leveled out finally got some welder we welded the thing together and I still have to go out there and level it out but I have no electricity to all that overhead lights were working on regular electricity I didn't have a battery I don't have a battery but they were working on regular electricity now they're not I don't know help me please I'm drowning just got a divorce at that and I don't need this extra crap if you know what I mean my loss I need somebody's help please

2 REPLIES 2

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II

This is an impossible read. Mostly a very good example of the state of the education system.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

Always fun to make oneself seem superior by criticizing othersโ€™ writing abilities, eh QCMan?

itโ€™s not impossible to read. It maybe hard to decipher but thereโ€™s no need to. The jist is basically everything Went dead. 
OP will have to do some sorting out. 
Iโ€™d suggest verifying power in, power to converter. Power out of converter.
same with the AC side. Power in to breaker panel, power out one by one.
OP you will be best served to write less and study more if youโ€™re not goin to hire someone. You need to understand how both the AC and DC sides of a RV operate and have some basic electrical knowledge and tools to diagnose your issue.
If you donโ€™t, itโ€™s akin to asking you to fly a plane (assuming youโ€™re not a pilot) it ainโ€™t gonna happen.
Good news is everything basically โ€œwent outโ€ at once as gleaned from your post . Great chance that the fix is simple. (Note not necessarily cheap, just not chasing gremlins it feels like. 

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold