cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

electrical diagram for my 2000 fleetwood prowler

llacon
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2000 fleetwood prowler 27ft with 12 ft slideout .
Having breaker popping need a electrical diagram but fleetwood no happy anyone can happy me .
4 REPLIES 4

WayneAt63044
Explorer
Explorer
Often the breakers are labeled by the manufacturer. Is there a labeled clue for the breaker that keeps tripping?
2012 Forest River V-Cross Vibe 826VFK
pulled by 2009 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Forgot to mention, since your rig has a slide out, a common problem is there is a coiled cord that goes from the main body of the trailer to the slide out that provides 120V in that slide out.. Depending on design you may even find a coiled cord for 12V also.. Coiled cords are used to allow the slide to move in and out and are often found on the underside of the trailer.

Not unusual for those coiled cords to fray or get damaged over time. It is possible that coiled cord may have a shorted wire which causes the breaker to trip..

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Have you added up all the things that you have on or running? Load management of the 120 volt side is a critical skill needed on trailers. I would guess that you have a 30 amp system which can easily be overloaded. Look on line for manuals for your equipment and then look at how much each draws. 120 volt items will be converter, water heater, fridge, A/C unit and outlets that you have items plugged into. Things add up real fast! Let us know how you make out.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Generally with trailers, no electrical drawings were released to the public.

You mention breaker so generally breakers are 120V systems and fuses are used for 12V systems.

Lighting is typically all 12V.

So, knowing that we have isolated it down to 120V items.

So, check to see if you have 120V at all of the outlets.

Then check to see if any appliances that typically operate from 120V are working. Things like A/C, refrigerator and if equipped the water heater may have an auxiliary 120V heating element.

Not unusual for the water heater equipped with aux electrical heating element to have a damaged heating element if power is applied without water in the tank which creates a short.

RV fridge to operate on 120V uses a small 120V heating element mounted to the ammonia boiler that can short out.

The 12V side uses a 120V to 12V power supply (in RV industry it is called a "converter") that can go bad and can be directly wired to one of the breakers but with that you would not be able to charge the 12V battery or supply 12V to the lights without a battery.