Explorer II
Bridgeport Ca. Population under 600

2015 Host Mammoth triple slide w/ TorkLift Fastguns
2015 Ram 5500 SLT cab & chassis with Douglass 9' utility body
10 REPLIES 10

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II
What's the gas prices in Bridgeport? I bet not good.

It is what it is. We didn't so much need fuel as the opportunity to see a very similar truck and camper as ours in a very small town. We had come out of the local grocer and everything was priced accordingly. I probably paid 3 dollars for an out of area paper as the Vegas shootings had just occurred and we were anxious for news.

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
What's the gas prices in Bridgeport? I bet not good.
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
No, but our truck, camper and scooters big brothers...

Turning into a parking lot at Sequoia NP, at the other end these folks were also coming in. We both kinda paused a moment...

Once parked we chatted a while, they were from Florida on extended trip across America. Simular setups but but just larger.
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II

This couple was heading up the Oregon coast from AZ and we were heading to the June Lake Area. The wives discussed options (they had deleted the fireplace for more storage) and we both were set up with the 30K Supertruss.
We had spent the night at Bridgeport Lake and snow had just dusted the peaks in the background. Very pretty trip in October.

Captain_Happy
Explorer
Explorer
Was at a National Park in New Mexico last year as I pulled into the view area parking lot I saw another rig jyst like mine, same color, same Casita trailer. Pulled up behind his rig and took a pucture ,twins.

Oregun
Nomad
Nomad
Pulled our Truck/Camper in Detroit Lake a couple years ago and this guy comes running up to us
to say hi but when he got close enough he said sorry I thought you were somebody else.
Later that weekend while walking around the campground I saw who he thought we were.
They had same truck , same color and same camper as us except they were from WA instead
of Oregon.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pulled into a very small CG on a working ranch/orchard in out of the way spot.

Next afternoon when we came back from exploring the local area our 5th wheel had been 'cloned'....parked right next to it was identical 5th wheel.
Same year, same model and after talking with owners it had been purchased from same dealer and in the same month/year we had purchased.

Like us they had just began FT travel.........
We crossed paths at various places/states during the next 6 yrs.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

byronlj
Explorer
Explorer
I was shopping 2 identical fifth wheels that were 700 miles apart. I ended up parked in mine next to the one I didn't buy in a campground about 4 years later.
Dave
byronlj
2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3800RL

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Close enough.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Is that picture today? Looks dry. Howโ€™s 395?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad