Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evoke by Travel Lite

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Team,

We really like the style of the new Evoke by Travel Lite. However, the online reviews of Travel Lite products are not very good. Even factoring in that more folks post reviews when things go wrong than folks with good results, there sure seems like lots of negative reviews.

I would appreciate anyone's thoughts on Travel Lite and the new Evoke line. For reference here is a link to thier new unique Evoke line:

Unique Evoke Travel Trailer
2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach
This particular one was the prototype.
10 REPLIES 10

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
Most trailers that I've researched get only modestly fair reviews.

Why ?
Because the satisfied are less likely to post vs the disgruntled.lol

I've had (1) Fleetwood (2) Starcrafts and (1) Keystone and very very minor issues in over 30yrs.

It's really about expectation I guess.

Ride_S40T
Explorer
Explorer
Walked though one this weekend. We liked the floor space and the modern look, very bright inside. Good floor space, well placed amenities, king bed was good.

Did not like the mat-type floor (similar to Airstream) or the feel of the materials...which is odd because I'm sure they were the same as any other equitable brand but looks did not match feel.

Wide wheel base was a big plus but the wheels sit right over the outer edges of the fenders and looked like they would rub during bounce.

Nice looking and like most new models has a few amenities that are "extras" on models even 1 or 2 years old.
2021 Grand Design 268BH
2019 GMC Sierra Denali HD 3500 SRW
Traveling K9s Diesel and Roger

gidave
Explorer
Explorer
Response to cruz-in regarding the Travel Lite Evoke.:)

I purchased an Evoke Model C last year. Granted, we have only used the trailer for 8 months, but, so far we LOVE it!

The trailer is very nice and has all the perks you would expect for a mid-size trailer. We love the king size bed and the 10 cu ft refrigerator. The large rear bathroom is also a huge plus! The couch is comfortable and there is plenty of room for 4 adults. We also like the tempered glass doors, the awning that spans both doors, and the surround sound system. The marine grade flooring is easy to clean and the television and fireplace work very well. All faucets are metal and not the cheap white plastic type. The front is sloped (we have not hit our heads yet) for aerodynamics and the diamond plating comes up a bit further than some trailers to protect from debris.

All features of the trailer are working so far and it is very easy to pull with a standard 1/2 ton truck.

Trailer Life reviewed the Evoke Model C in August of 2019. https://www.trailerlife.com/top-stories/jet-setter/

I did not see any other responses to your post from Evoke owners, so, I hope my feedback will help answer some of your questions more directly. I do not have years of experience like some of the other folks that posted but I like to share the good experiences for comparison.

Take care and good luck!
gidave

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
SidecarFlip wrote:
Ralph Cramden wrote:
Nothing new when compared to most others. They even spotlight high quality components from Lippert, Furrion, etc in the brochure. No matter how much you polish a turd, it's still a turd.

Talk about painting a kettle black Ralph.....

I agree, a turd is a turd even if the smell is gone. I can honestly say, I've never read a positive review of ANY Travel Lite product. Kind of surprised they are still in business. I guess the siren call of cheap is too much for people to resist but everything I've read says the romance leaves quickly, replaced with grief.

In defense of Furrion, I have to say the rear view cam my wife bought me for Christmas 2 years ago (Furrion) has been flawless.

I hope it serves you well buddy, I got about 3 seasons out of mine on the Rockwood until the lens somehow degraded until the picture is so fuzzy it's unusable. The great stand up company Furrion, who happens to be a "partner" of Lippert, was more than helpful. I tried to buy a new camera head and at the time they were still selling the FOS48TAPK which is now discontinued despite still being available at Amazon and other places as well as RV manufacturers still installing the brackets for same. Basically the response was.

Thank you for purchasing our product but unfortunately your SOL. It's out of warranty, we do not have, will never have, or intend to ever have replacement parts available for any of the products we distribute because we have them manufactured in limited production runs under contract offshore. Therefore we appreciate you spending $300.00 for something that is unusable in less than 3 years but if you send us $500 this time we can send you our new model the "Vision S". Maybe you could buy two now for when the first one ***** out you'll have a spare camera head, because we won't have parts available. Thank you.

On another note the 32" Furrion TV that came with the Rockwood did not make it a year and a half after being relegated to basement duty before it spewed smoke. That thing had the worst picture of any LCD TV I have ever seen to begin with.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

KC10Chief
Explorer
Explorer
I was interested in these a while back. I wanted to go look at Travel Lite RVs somewhere but they are hard to find. There's a lot of dealers selling these that also sell used cars, ATVs, etc. It's weird. I was hoping that the Evoke would be lighter than they are, but there's nothing special about them. I do like that they have king size beds up front. Their advertising feels like a mix of hipster and sleazy used car salesman.
2019 Keystone Cougar 29BHS
2018 Ford F-150 Lariat w/3.5L EcoBoost, 10 speed, Max Tow
ProPride 3P-1400 hitch

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:
Nothing new when compared to most others. They even spotlight high quality components from Lippert, Furrion, etc in the brochure. No matter how much you polish a turd, it's still a turd.

Talk about painting a kettle black Ralph.....

I agree, a turd is a turd even if the smell is gone. I can honestly say, I've never read a positive review of ANY Travel Lite product. Kind of surprised they are still in business. I guess the siren call of cheap is too much for people to resist but everything I've read says the romance leaves quickly, replaced with grief.

In defense of Furrion, I have to say the rear view cam my wife bought me for Christmas 2 years ago (Furrion) has been flawless.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at the linked Evoke models, it makes me chuckle to see a trailer with Lite in the name, when most of the TTs are over 6,000 lbs dry. Only the "Evoke X" is what I'd call "light".
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

K-9_HANDLER
Explorer
Explorer
i checked out their truck campers and was not impressed. Flimsy construction even by rv standards. They were relatively inexpensive and in the case of what I saw you get what u pay for.
Camping near home at Assateague National Seashore with our wild four legged friends

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Front end looks radically angled. Will you hit your head on the over the bed cabinet?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad